Apptmnt cancelled

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 31. Oct 2009, 12:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just had letter to say that unfortuantly my consultant rheumy appt has had to be cancellee from Nov 20th that ok I thought but its been rearranged in May 2010 yikes what a wait

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

What a wait, doesn't seem right to me. Can you ring and ask them to let you know about any cancellations.

Hope you aren't too bad.

Love
    Vonski x
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    Surely that has to be seen as unacceptable. It's not you who is cancelling the appointment. I would make a fuss and get one sooner.
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    hi thats not good,i had my 2nd appointment changed but only too a month later.
    i'd ring them & tell them you cant wait that long.
    hope you get it sorted soon. debs
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi all I will be on the case asap i dont mind a little wait but to think this wait would be 6 months and that would be a year sine my last one in may 2009 and he was going to review my medication intake perhaps he has written me off and they talk about people getting back to work ????
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

It is good to hear that you will be on the case for an earlier appointment than in 6 months as that is a ridiculous time to wait. It is not at all that YOU have been written off, nothing personal, they are doing that to many others, cancelling appointments and making people wait. We really do have to make a nuisance of ourselves whether we have the energy to do this or not or we are well and truly forgotten about.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 25. Oct 2009, 07:01
    Options
    Hi, Gosh, thats a heck of a long wait! Just what you don't want, any chance that a bit of grovelling (not to mention grumbleing) to your GP could bring it forward a bit? :) Sometimes, the system makes me want to kick and scream and have a temper tantram like 2 year old, in fact if you ask my o/h he might tell you about my temper tantrums!!! : :oops: :lol:

Seriously, take care of yourself and keep as well as you can. love Sue :wink:
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Hope you manage to get an apointment sooner than the new date they sent you. A 6 month wait just isn't good enough. When you've already been waiting.

Carol xxx
  • barbara01
    barbara01 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    6 months is an outrageous length of time to have to wait, I had my last appt cancelled from 14the Oct to 25th Nov and I was upset about that. I would go back to your GP who can ask for you to be seen earlier or keep ringing outpatients to try and get a cancellation sooner. Good luck.

Barbara xx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, try ringing the secretary, if that dosen't work I would talk to PALS that surely is unacceptable, good luck love Jaspercatxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,

That's far too long to wait, I am pleased your on the case and phone the rumo's secretary and just say you can't wait. Mine fitted me in when I rang and I really hope yours will do the same. Good luck and I don't understand how they can cancel you and then re-do it for may!

You got the date for your neck yet? For mine it can't come soon enough now and I am lucky cus mine is a re-do and I know how much it works........ and how much it hurt :wink: Take care, dig in and phone them soon. Cris x
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi all I have another apptmnt it is arranged for December my wrong appt was an admin error and it was sorted without any raised voices or Pals mentioning which was good for the stress levels
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    That's 6 months away! Have they shut down the department?
    :!: :?:
    Are you going to manage until then?

Sharmaine
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi sharmaine no the Dept has not been closed down my appt has been arranged now for this Dec and I can wait until then but could not waiit 6 months
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Hi sharmaine no the Dept has not been closed down my appt has been arranged now for this Dec and I can wait until then but could not waiit 6 months

Glad this has been sorted. Sorry I have only just come on board recently so have not kept up with everything. As you say, it's a long time until May.
    Our rheumy dept are just so busy. at my last appointment, because things were not going well, my consultant wanted to see me within 3 months instead of 6. They hadto do a lot of moving other peoples appointments in order to see me. I suppose it depends on how many times you have to have help within that 6 months. If they don't hear from you, they assume everything is going smoothly for you.

You must be a very patient person Noeltone.
    Have a nice weekend

Joy
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi

That's much better, glad you don't have to wait 6 mnth.

Love
    Vonski x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi
    So glad it's now December - 6 months down the line is just too long.

Have a good weekend. Are you doing anything nice?

Sharmaine

noeltone wrote: