hypnotherapy?

Options
carol101
carol101 Member Posts: 584
edited 27. Oct 2009, 13:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
My cousin has just completed her 1st year course at hypnotherapy and keeps trying to talk me into having it done for pain management. Has anyone else tried it or had it suggested to them?
What are your thoughts on it?

Carol X

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i would give it a try can not hurt and might be of help good luck let us know how it goes if u do
    val
  • barbara01
    barbara01 Member Posts: 85
    Options
    I haven't tried it but would be very interested to hear how you get on. The brain is very powerful and I can see the potential for it to work with pain.

Look forward to hearing if it works!

Barbara xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I would go for it too and it would help your cousin as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. She is offering it to you, I would accept. :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • carol101
    Options
    Yes guys, you're right. How will i know if i don't try!
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I am very open minded so if it works for you I would give it a try love Jaspercatxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Carol,

I would certainly give it a go and please let us know if it works. Take care Cris
  • carol101
    Options
    I have just got in contact with her to arrange things.

I will certainly keep you guys informed of what's actually involved and if it works.

Maybe it's the miracle we've been waiting for :D

Hugs X
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    I have heard of people using hypnosis while undergoing major operations and childbirth and they have reported that it worked a charm.
    I have had hypnotherapy before for sleepwalking and it has worked for lengthy periods and then I need to go back for a 'top up'.

Sounds like a good offer to give it a try :)