Feeling good about myself

Options
carol101
carol101 Member Posts: 584
edited 25. Oct 2009, 10:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Good afternoon all. Hope you are all having a good weekend.

As some of you know i am rather new here. I was diagnosed with arthur of the spine only about 10 weeks ago. I have already mentioned in other posts about my bouts of depression and lack of energy. Also that my Dad and Sister-in-law are both fighting cancer which is an added pressure and worry.

Over the last week or so i have had a lot of pain, no energy and depression. I have had time off work and my husband has been doing all the housework. Apart from the pain, which is real, i will be totally honest and say i think a lot of the other stuff has been in my head. It is hard having 2 members of your family fighting cancer but i am usually a strong person and keep the family going. The meds i am taking can cause depression but also i think i have wallowed in my own self pitty to some extent.

And then i met you guys..........reading some of your stories has given me the lick up the behind i think i needed. You have listened to my moans and wiped away my tears although you all have your own problems. I want to say a big thank you and give you all a big hug h025.gif

Well today i have got out of bed at a reasonable hour, done last nights washing up, had lunch with my hubby and stood and done a weeks worth of ironing (the one thing hubby can't do) I still have some back pain but it's what i call a 'normal' back pain since even before i was diagnosed i always had a mild pain. I am still having a reasonably lazy day since i am working tonight starting at 10pm and finishing at 6am but i feel like my get up and go has come back and it's down to you guys.

Hope you are all having a good day

Carol X

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Carol,

thats a good thing to read and this lot are very good at helping you through a rough patch....... They help so much without even realizing it. I have a drip every 4 months and they really helped me get through it and they are just really nice people.

I symphise with your back, mine started so long ago and it is horrible but it not as bad as you think it will be that I promise you. They just need to sort out the best drugs for you and when they are less effective they can change or add some more in so don't worry too much about it.

Have a good night and this lot are just amazing. Take care Cris who thinks her sulfa is at last working...... :D x