Hello!

Options
wibberley
wibberley Member Posts: 421
edited 3. Nov 2009, 08:05 in Say Hello Archive
Hello,

I'm 43 and married with 3 kids.

In June I had what I thought was a burst Bakers cyst in the back of my left knee. I had the fluid drained and thought nothing more about it. However since then, every joint in my body has ached - fingers, wrists, knees, base of left foot and now shoulders and neck!

My rhemy did tests which should my inflammation levels are higher than average but not excessively. As I am not new to flare-ups (was diagnosed with chronic juvenile arthritis aged 7) my rhemy decided to put me on anti-inflams (arcoxia 90mg) and inject with kenelog when needed, as opposed to going down the Dmards route just yet.

I have been a puppy-walker for guide dogs for a couple of years but have put it on hold 'til this flare-up (hopefully) dies down. It's funny the things that I found difficult - little things like opening the cage door or trying to put on a fiddly little collar!

Confession time....I have been lurking for a little while and have found this forum to be incredibly informative and supportive, which is why I'd now like to join!

By the way, I chose the name Wibberley as that is the name of one of our guinea pigs! :D

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to the forum. Hope the flare up doesn't last too long so you can walk those lovely dogs again :)

I think most of us lurked before posting, I'll watch out for your posts.
    Love
    Vonskix
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Wibberley

Just called in to welcome you to the forum and it is good to know that you have found it informative and supportive. We do try to help each other as much as we are able as we are all suffering to a greater or lesser degree with arthritis. I do hope that you will start to feel better on the meds prescribed for you. I too am on Arcoxia.

I do hope you will be able to get back to your very worthwhile job in the near future

I look forward to seeing your name on the other zones soon.

Look after yourself,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Just popping by to say Hi & welcome
    I still seem to lurk more than post, cos I don't really understand much about what I'm going through.
    Is your guinnea pig named after Wibberly Pig, We like Wibberly pig in this house :D

Carol xxx
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Thanks for such a warm welcome everyone.

Yes Carol, she is named after Wibberley pig - this is her 2nd home so I can't take credit for her name I'm afraid!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Wibbs
    I LOVE the name
    I wondered where is came from! Good one!
    Good to meet you and look forward to seeing you here and there :)
    Toni x