Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

What an experience today

jaspercatjaspercat Posts: 1,238
edited 29. Oct 2009, 04:41 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, I went out with Malcolm today into town, I hired a wheelchair from Shopmobility, all was going well, for once people were very considerate about me being in a chair, and then we went into a major pharmacy chain beginning with B, what a mistake!!

If I wasn't being bumped into and reached past, I was being totally ignored, it was like I had disappeared, perhaps I have!! love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• suzstersuzster Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i know what you mean, some people are blind to the obvious!
    last week i took sarah into town, after lunch we needed to find somewhere to change her nappy, but i though it woiuld be good for her to walk, holding my hand just to stretch her legs.
    well, what a mistake! she is 2 so not tall, but she was walking holding my hand whilst i pushed the pushchair and i cannot believe how many people nearly knocked her on the head with shopping bags, i mean, people just walk and never look, i'm sure of it!
    she loved walking but oh my how many times i had to quickly stear her away from people, it was awful!
    sue