DLA

denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
edited 29. Oct 2009, 18:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I was just reading a post abut DLA and getting rejected, I have been thinking about this lately because I have been in so much pain.
I applied for DLA last January and got rejected and I couldnt face appealing.
Does anyone know what the rules are for applying again i.e. are there any timescales inbetween applications, or can I just apply again?
Denise.

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi depan have you been on the DWP (department for work and pensions) website there is a lot of stuff on thee mind you it's complex typical of a ministry site. :?
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi Dedpan

I hope that you will reapply and get awarded something this time!

I'm sorry you have not been feeling too well, hope you soon feel better.

Love Sue
  • bex4cats
    bex4cats Member Posts: 3
    denpen wrote:
    Hi
    I was just reading a post abut DLA and getting rejected, I have been thinking about this lately because I have been in so much pain.
    I applied for DLA last January and got rejected and I couldnt face appealing.
    Does anyone know what the rules are for applying again i.e. are there any timescales inbetween applications, or can I just apply again?
    D
    enise.
    hi i too was like you in lot of pain and got rejected ! i got in touch with citizen advice . she came to see me and i explained how ill i was as she could see ! she filled in the form on asking questions and i signed it . this time i was awarded d l a and some back money . please dont give up ! this r a makes you so mentally tired along with the pain there is no fight inyou :)
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Sorry to hear you had a knock back. You can also get help from an organisation called DIAL they will help you with the forms. Also wanted to say (at the risk of teaching you to suck eggs) have you tried calling AR's helpline and using the leaflets? Best wishes
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hii, I was given the name of DIAL but, I haven't had the courage to face bloody forms! (Sorry for the language, but its justified, from what I've read here). :( I think you should apply and so should I, the Jobcentre gave me a leafet about all the help available here to fill in the forms. They asked me why I hadn't applied before and I explained that the forms are so awful and the medical seems to throw out most people. They agreed and said that they would comment on this in the report, & told me to get help to use the write wording, as that can effect the claim. Makes you wonder when the Jobcentre staff feel sorry and applogise for all the forms.

If anyone is interested the Shaw Trust, who are a charity that works with the Jobcentre had a statement on there site, complaining that the figures of people awarded ESA is a problem for the Government and not something to be proud of - its worth reading. Sorry, I've gone on far too much. I'll shut up now! :wink:
    Love Sue