THE PARTY'S HERE!

Options

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Rob, when you said 'beautiful...........just beautiful' did you mean my post or my birthday suit e035.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Oct 2009, 20:37
    Options
    Carol

What did the doctor give you?

I'm pleased that it has made you feel better it is not good when you feel down.

I hope you can get sorted a work, just so they can make lfe easier for you

love Trisher xx
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Eerrr.....yes.......umm.....no............aaah......emmm maybe.

I'll settle for just blushing eh??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Eemmmmm your post...........as well as your errrr...

I'll get my coat...

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • carol101
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Carol

I'm pleased that it has made you feel better it is not goof when you feel down.

love Trisher xx

The Dr suggested a good dose of Rob......er.............i mean Fluoxetine. :lol:

I only took my 1st 1 today but just talking things over with the Dr has helped a lot. He thinks it's like a delayed reaction to bein diagnosed (which was only 2 months ago) and it has been building up and building up without me realising and this week it just all come out. I suppose when you're diagnosed, you need time to adjust and take in everything but i just carried on as normal thinking i was ok but somewhere in my mind i wasn't and it just built up.

Carol X
  • trisher
    Options
    Carol

I Googled those dolls. Is that what you meant. I had never heard of that, so I thought, look at these, oh are'nt they lovely. they are so life like. I'm sure I read that one breathes and then I could not find it. Do they or have I got muddled?

What do you do knit up the clothes and sell them as a set like friends ect.?

I saw your kniting, it's lovely.Your wedding photo's are n ice as well. How long have you been married.

love trisher xx ps what do the dolls feel like? eg rubbery, hard, soft
  • carol101
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Carol

I Googled those dolls. Is that what you meant. I had never heard of that, so I thought, look at these, oh are'nt they lovely. they are so life like. I'm sure I read that one breathes and then I could not find it. Do they or have I got muddled?

What do you do knit up the clothes and sell them as a set like friends ect.?

I saw your kniting, it's lovely.Your wedding photo's are n ice as well. How long have you been married.

love trisher xx ps what do the dolls feel like? eg rubbery, hard, soft

Hi Trish, yes some of the babies do breathe. They have a mechanism inside which makes them breathe. Can you believe they start off as normal dolls then people paint them up! My doll is cuddly just like a baby and i think most of them are like that. The makers weigh their limbs and head down. The head flops back just like a real baby. My one still has a soft, cotton covered body but some do have what they call a tummy plate which they paint up to look like real skin. Some even have little girl or little boy 'bits'! There is a gorgeous one on ebay at the moment, i will PM you the link so you can have a look. I think it's the best one i've seen yet but it's very expensive.

The knitting and crochet i sell on ebay. I only do it as a hobby, not exactly to make money. As long as i cover cost of yarn, buttons etc i'm happy.

I got married 23/06/07 and i have a step son and step daughter by Tony. The both live with their mother. Tony was in a very unhappy marriage but he is an absolute diamond. I've been with him 7years this Dec and we have spent virtually every minute of those 7yrs together. We met at work. I have a fantastic relationship with my step son who is 16 but the girl hasn't wanted anything to do with her Dad since he left her Mum, she is 18. Althought Tony has tried to explain things to her, she blames him for the breakup whereas the boy just accepts that he now has 2 families and is better off :)

Luv Carol XXX
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Carol

That baby, who looks new born, well you can see it really looks as if it is only minutes or a couple of hours old.

They are done fantastically, the baby has got that bluish looks new borns have. It's really well done.

I was feeling very broody a while ago, if I had known about them, I could have had one of those.

It's times like this, I wish I had a grand daughter, it would give me an excuse to buy one or two.

I wonder what would happen if you dressed one up and went out with it, what reaction you would get.

What are they like to hold Carol - hard or softish?
    What do you do with them, keep them or dress them in a few outfits and sell them. Do you get them in packets of stuff that you bake until eg: half hour, so. Have you ever tried to make one yourself?
    What are they like to touch, cold, or does the material they are made of, is warm to touch?
  • robertls
    Options
    Wow Carol.................another crazy party night..... :roll: :roll: :wink:e060.gif

I wonder what you'll find this morning....... a050.gif

I still got trousers on..................Oh.... :idea: a010.gif ....These aren't mine.. :shock:

Label says 'Ladies size 16'...........Oh dear.... :oops: :oops: s010.gif

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi all

Not sure I should peek in this bit? h080.gif
    What has been going on in here :?:
    Sounds like it was a good party, so sorry to have missed it. :cry:

k045.gif
    Do hope you are all recovering from your wild nights.
    Chris :wink:
  • carol101
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi Carol

That baby, who looks new born, well you can see it really looks as if it is only minutes or a couple of hours old.

They are done fantastically, the baby has got that bluish looks new borns have. It's really well done.

I was feeling very broody a while ago, if I had known about them, I could have had one of those.

It's times like this, I wish I had a grand daughter, it would give me an excuse to buy one or two.

I wonder what would happen if you dressed one up and went out with it, what reaction you would get.

What are they like to hold Carol - hard or softish?
    What do you do with them, keep them or dress them in a few outfits and sell them. Do you get them in packets of stuff that you bake until eg: half hour, so. Have you ever tried to make one yourself?
    What are they like to touch, cold, or does the material they are made of, is warm to touch?

Mine just feels like a new born baby to hold, you have to support the head just like with a baby and they are so poseable. They just seem to snuggle into you arms when you hold them. When i got mine (off ebay) it was beautifully packed. She came with a real baby blanket, a small toy,a real babies spare nappy and even a congratulations it's a girl greetings card signed by the artist. I really only got 1 to 'model' the baby clothes and blankets i make and sell on ebay so most of the time i keep her packed up to keep her clean, i do love dressing her though. I think some people must display them though since i have seen some sellers 'reducing their collection'. I would never sell mine unless i seriously needed the money. I paid £200. I couldn't make 1 myself, i think you have to be a very talented artist to paint and get skin tones like that! I wish i could make them though! I will add some more photos of mine to my profile (just click on the link on my profile)
  • carol101
    Options
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Everyone looking forward to the halloween party tonight?

Rehab don't you think it's just a bit early to be wearing your mask?

What's that............?

You're..........not.........wearing.........one? :oops:

Carol X
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Carol

I just got round to looking at your photos. You looked lovely on your wedding day, and your knitting is beautiful. You are very skilled at it. Those dolls are rather scarily life-like, aren't they? I think there was a TV programme about women who collect them and treat them like real babies ( not suggesting you do ) It's all a bit sad, isn't it?

Looking forward to the party tonight. I hope Rob recovers in time, and also finds the right trousers :!: :oops:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • carol101
    Options
    Hi Joan. I'm just uploading some more photo's of my 'baby' for Trish. There will be another link on my profile so do feel free to have a look.

I also saw that program with the women treating them as real babies. I do love them (not in a motherly way!) but the only reason i bought one was to 'model' my knitting and crochet as i sell on ebay and i think having the doll in the photo makes all the difference. Other than her modelling career, she just suffocates in her box :lol:

And as for Rob.......well they certainly are not my trousers, i can't remember the last time i could fit into a size 16! :lol:

Love Carol XXX
  • robertls
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    Hi Joan. I'm just uploading some more photo's of my 'baby' for Trish. There will be another link on my profile so do feel free to have a look.

I also saw that program with the women treating them as real babies. I do love them (not in a motherly way!) but the only reason i bought one was to 'model' my knitting and crochet as i sell on ebay and i think having the doll in the photo makes all the difference. Other than her modelling career, she just suffocates in her box :lol:

And as for Rob.......well they certainly are not my trousers, i can't remember the last time i could fit into a size 16! :lol:

Love Carol XXX

What too big for you????????? :?:

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • carol101
    Options
    Oh Rob, what a flatterer you are :roll:

Keep on doing it though :lol:

Carol XX
  • carol101
    Options
    Hi Joan and Trish, if you look at my profile, there is now a link saying Reborn doll. I have taken some more photo's of my doll but unfortunately my photography isn't that good :(

Carol XX
  • carol101
    Options
    Right guys, i'm off to buy some boozy stuff for tonights party.

Anyone fancy doing the food :?:

Carol X
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 31. Oct 2009, 10:39
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    trisher wrote:
    Carol

I'm pleased that it has made you feel better it is not goof when you feel down.

love Trisher xx

The Dr suggested a good dose of Rob......er.............i mean Fluoxetine. :lol:

I only took my 1st 1 today but just talking things over with the Dr has helped a lot. He thinks it's like a delayed reaction to bein diagnosed (which was only 2 months ago) and it has been building up and building up without me realising and this week it just all come out. I suppose when you're diagnosed, you need time to adjust and take in everything but i just carried on as normal thinking i was ok but somewhere in my mind i wasn't and it just built up.

Carol X

Hi Carol
    Is that Prozac?Be careful as they suppress your appetite big time.I had them after my divorce.Started low anyway(anyone divorced will understand) and soon was 6.6 so I gave them up quick!Please keep an eye as you mustnt lose too much too soon and I think it could have contributed to my arthritis(although no one in the medical profession has suggested this).
    Best wishes Elizabeth.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • carol101
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth, no they're not prozac but i should imagine the same sort of thing. I was told by pharmacist that they will probably cause nausea for the 1st 3 days but i've taken 2 and no side effects yet. I will keep an eye on my weight though, thank you. I do need to loose weight but properly.

Carol XX
  • bigmomma
    bigmomma Member Posts: 291
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    A toast to you Carol - mine's a brandy and ginger wine :lol:
    I can match pills with you any time :!: I'm working on a rainbow, all I have to find is the indigo colour.............

Love n' hugs
    Annie

Don't bother with the indigo ones, Annie - they taste foul. Similar to the blue smarties that they had to withdraw. My two-tone brown happy pills are pretty good though!

AGYG
  • carol101
    Options
    My happy pills are a pale greeny colour one end and peach the other end.

Don't know who's been dipping them in the paint pot k055.gif

Off to have a shower and make myself beautiful for the halloween party v020.gif

ROB STOP SPYING ON ME IN THE SHOWER!!! I KNOW YOU'RE THERE!!! :lol:
  • robertls
    Options
    Moi??????

a020.gif

o080.gif

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth and Carol

Pretty sure fluoxetine is generic prozac, I could not take them but was OK with the proper prozac :roll: Dr. would not give me proper ones now though, cost of course :x

Love
    Vonski x
  • carol101
    Options
    Looks like everyone's too tired for the halloween party............i know i am g030.gif
  • robertls
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    Looks like everyone's too tired for the halloween party............i know i am g030.gif

You oldies............

c020.gif

Come on.........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif