Help! - anyone good with microsoft Word?

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 2. Nov 2009, 13:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
HI,

am trying to type up some minutes. I must have hit a button on my new keyboard. :x :oops: :x :oops: :x :? :? :?

Usually I call up the previous minutes, highlight the bits I wish to change, and type the new in. If I make a mistake I just delete the wrong letter and replace it. Ok so far.

BUt today, if I have made a mistake & go to correct the word, each letter I type deletes the next letter on the line, and I have to type everything again. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DOn't know what to do and can't find any help in the 'help' system.

what have I done? :? :? :?

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Here you go press the insert button and that will splve your problem.. next to the back space button
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    HI,

am trying to type up some minutes. I must have hit a button on my new keyboard. :x :oops: :x :oops: :x :? :? :?

Usually I call up the previous minutes, highlight the bits I wish to change, and type the new in. If I make a mistake I just delete the wrong letter and replace it. Ok so far.

BUt today, if I have made a mistake & go to correct the word, each letter I type deletes the next letter on the line, and I have to type everything again. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

DOn't know what to do and can't find any help in the 'help' system.

what have I done? :? :? :?

Rehab I find myself, for the second time in one weekend, saying you are a star!!
    k015.gif
    thank you so much I knew I had hit somehting on this new keyboard, but couldn't work out what!

thanks again
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    a very large (cyber) drink of your choice is winging its way to you as I type. :wink:
    a035.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Wonky

How is that keyboard going? Are you finding it easier to use one of those?

Would you recomend one if you have to wear splints?
    Nice to see you back again.

trish xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    HI Trisher

I am getting used to the keyboard, although you will see the odd typo is creaping in as my fingers get used to it!

The most useful things are the buttons to open up the web and email, only one button needed instead of double-clicking. Also I ahve 5 keys I can assign, and I have used them for the five things I use the most - again only one button to press to open each one - a great help.

working on the other bits .... will let you know when I have got the hang of it a bit more.

As for the splints ,,, it is not being too much of a problem, but I am having to remember to relax my shoulders more , as they are used to being in a different position.

hope youa re having a good day todya
    hugs
    wonky