Psychic computers

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 2. Nov 2009, 09:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

In the Sunday Times there is an article about research being done at the University of California into psychic computers. Scientists have discovered how to "read" minds by scanning brain activity and reproduce images of what people are seeing or even remembering. This could herald a new era in which an individual's private thoughts can be readily accessed.

What do you think of that? Would you like to have your private thoughts accessed? It could all be a bit embarrassing :!: :shock:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan

I wonder if this would help the docs understand exactly how we feel?

Carol X
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I hope they don't read my mind at this moment in time, :shock: I have just finished reading the newspapers, politicians make me pro-nuclear I just wnat to drop big ones on them, grrrrrrrrrr

How strange that you have responded to this thread, because I was just thinking that you would :!: Do you think this is a psychic computer already reading my mind??

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    Hi Joan

I wonder if this would help the docs understand exactly how we feel?

Carol X

Hi Carol

Emotions and feelings might not be covered I think. Far too complicated !!

Joan
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Well they have a go at reading mine but they won’t get much of a response I reckon, queue the sound of wind and visualise tumble weed blowing across an arid desolate wilderness. :shock:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    I hope they don't read my mind at this moment in time, :shock: I have just finished reading the newspapers, politicians make me pro-nuclear I just wnat to drop big ones on them, grrrrrrrrrr

How strange that you have responded to this thread, because I was just thinking that you would :!: Do you think this is a psychic computer already reading my mind??

Joan
    Could be Joan, or maybe you are stalking me :shock:

Or maybe I'm just psychic!

Joan