edited 4. Nov 2009, 09:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Is it right Tony Blair will be President of Europe or did I dream it

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Nice to hear from you. How are you? I hope you are well.

I think Tony Blair's ambitions know no ends. He would like to be President of the world if he could :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Quote>Today, even before Ireland’s polling booths had opened for rerun referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, it is inevitable that Mr Blair is again being touted.

The former British leader is a prime choice for those who want “Mr Europe” to have global recognition factor and a touch of the kind of leadership charisma that is not traditionally associated with the EU.

British officials are bullish that Mr Blair “may well” be anointed as the EU’s first president, with French support and lukewarm German consent, at an EU summit on October 29.

The job description, along with salary, terms and conditions, remains unwritten and the text of Lisbon Treaty is not illuminating when describing the new role or its powers. To a great extent the personality will shape the post and if Mr Blair is the chosen one then he will have a massive influence on shaping a presidency that will rival national leaderships and overshadow the EU.

Carol XX
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Well he’s not getting much support from the big hitters inside the EU but I wouldn’t put anything past the old weasel, it just goes to show how messed up the logical world is when a man who is seen as mass murderer in the eye’s of most Arabs is picked by Bush as peace envoy to Palestine, if know anything about right wing fundamentalist Christian movement in the US then you will have come across the little biblical idea of rapture, if you read the book have a nice dooms day it explains it really well, the bottom line is they the right wing religious lot believe that the world will end by the return of the antichrist who will be a charismatic ex western European leader who will also be (now get this) tasked to bring peace to the little middle east problem of Palestine and Israel, but this man will actually be the antichrist and will kick of a 3rd world war that will start at a place in Israel called, now this is spooky Armageddon!. Once it kicks off they believe that all true Christians will instantly disappear and be taken to heaven by god in the “rapture”, they are so convinced this will really happen that they advise the faithful to avoid having two believers in jobs like commercial flight as if both pilots disappear the plane will crash.
    It’s said Bush believes this load of old twoddle and he had Blair put in the role of peace envoy to the middle east to help put things in place ready for the big day, so my advice if Blair does get the job you have my permission to panic.
    Oh I forgot to mention there is a false antichrist wandering about and they believe him to be the Pope.
    Don’t ask me coz I don’t know why uncle fester has been picked for the job maybe they just picked his name out of a hat. One last thing if all of this wasn’t bad or mad enough the Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also believes in an Islamic version of the end of the world only his will be a global Jihad brought about by a mullah who disappeared a few thousand years ago down a well, once he comes back it will all kick off but this time all true Muslims who die in the Jihad will also be saved by their version of the rapture
    Oh and the date this is all going to start is 2012.
    :?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    Good to hear from you!
    Mellman
    It could be worse.....could be Jezza Vine! :wink:
    Toni x
  • mellman01
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Chrisov
    Good to hear from you!
    Mellman
    It could be worse.....could be Jezza Vine! :wink:
    Toni x

Hi frogmorton yep you have a point there!, hey trying to add a tangent on things what do you think of Mr Mandelson?, or as I like to call him the dark night Voldamort.
    I don't know about you but evertime I see him I isntantly get the image of a slug in my mind!, I don't know why got any ideas!? :shock:
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh Mellman!
    A slug
    maybe it's cause he is kinda slimey looking and crawls along in a sort of slimy kind of way?!!
    Valdermort?!!
    Love
    It!
    Toni x
    PS time to turn radio 2 off!
  • mellman01
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Oh Mellman!
    A slug
    maybe it's cause he is kinda slimey looking and crawls along in a sort of slimy kind of way?!!
    Valdermort?!!
    Love
    It!
    Toni x
    PS time to turn radio 2 off!

Yep just done that, I'm already spinning up to max RPM he's talking about Afghanistan, sadly he probably thinks it's somewhere just outside of the M25 knowing him Tony. :)
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Think he's trying to hang all the parents who try to get their kids into 'good' schools by lying!
    At the mo he is competing with my MP£ so really I should turn him off too....
    Toni x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hey mellman
    there is a film coming out about the end of the world its called something like 2012, and they (whoever they are) are expecting panic. still it will make a few quid so thats what matters :roll:
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Thanks to those who remeber me

I recall a song in the sixties by Zager and Zager about the end of the world in 2525 a little way to go yet.
    As for Mandy was he elected into his post he's come a long way from hartlepools mind you was Brown elceted as leader

As far as Im concerned all mps are the same anyway I used to scoff at the statement oh theyre all the same but now succesive govmnts of both colour have done very little to help 'ordinary' peeps.
  • mellman01
    Options
    No no it's real rehab trust me I can feel it in me bones, well me knees actually but if it's in a book it must be real mustn't it me old china and hey don't you think it makes perfect sense the pope (aka uncle Fester) is a cunning ruse and Blair (Satans offspring) the slippery weasel slips in under the radar and hey presto before you know it 4 nasty looking dudes on horse back turn up and create merry hell, it could happen rehab you never know!?.And I bet you if you looked behind one of his ears you would find 666, the mark of the beast!. :shock:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Ha!, you will be begging me to save you once a couple of errant multi megaton war heads come falling out the skies above your bunker, then who will have the last laugh?, me that's who!. your all doomed I tell you:lol:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Ha I'm not mad rehab I have the release papers to prove it oh yes!, anyway tin foil will only focus the gamma rays at detonation so your head could well be vaporised right off your shoulders, I use to work in the nuclear industry so I know these things. Anyway you should really paint yourself white to deflect the heat away , Neil did it in the young ones.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    O-K......
    nurse, nurse s050.gif
    get me two syringes and twelve burly orderlies - stat!!!
  • mellman01
    Options
    Actually you might be right about me being slightly chicken, sorry I’ll translate for all those who aren’t from the flipping east end of London lumy lumy me old cock sparra!, right then, chicken oriental=mental, mind you I suppose they had to make up a silly way of talking to make themselves out to be a bit more interesting then they really are, I’m judging this on the soap Eastenders, by god isn’t it grim, it’s a bit like the Jeremy Kyle show but with the show being held in a pub.
    I still haven’t forgiving Adolf for not bombing the place flat when he the chance. Typical of Johnny foreigner they never seem to be able to finish what they have started. Sorry went of on a bit of a tangent there, me medication seems to be wearing off.
    :?
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Mellman
    Sit yourself down.
    That's it nice deep breaths ( I said deep bREATHS Rehab!)
    Toni x