Inventions

Options
debbierose
debbierose Member Posts: 403
edited 6. Nov 2009, 15:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
giving this thought all day and now exhauted.

Sock On's

attach small bull clips to long socks then pull the clips with boot pulls.

if you are wear trousers you could leave the clips on.
alternatley you could sew on loops onto your socks.

what do you think?

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Could start a new fashion :!: :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Wonder if any1s got a handy hint for getting that 2nd arm in a coat :shock:or a cardie. :roll:
    doubt it as i have to get other half to hold it & even thats difficult.
    If i try on my own i end up chasing my coat in circles trying to find the arm :roll: :lol:Then if my tops got a hood i have to ask some1 to tuck it in.
    godness nows what i'd end up looking like if i lived on my own, :shock: proberbly be a reclusive & get my shopping delivered. :lol:
    debs
  • debbierose
    Options
    to get your coat on
    its easy
    lay your coat out on the floor
    then lay on top of it and slip your arms in the arm holes
    viola

of course now you have to get up off the floor.
    any ideas
    lol
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I’ll just stick to the bakofoil wrapped around my head to stop THEM from reading my mind!, I’ve seen the film with Mel Gibson in so I know what I’m talking about!, wibble?. :roll:
  • debbierose
    Options
    well, this isn,t my invention but have adjusted the use

instead of struggling to get dry after a shower or down pour of rain

put the hair dryer on and blow it on the parts of your body you can not reach.
    gets you dry and warm all in one and with very little effort.

also for same invention on cold days warm your socks up by blowing the air dryer on them watch the metal bull clips through cos they get hot. also blow the dryer down the arms of your coat you can do this when laying it out on the floor.
    see previous post.

clever arn't I
    now can any one help me up please.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i'd a clip to attach an umbrella to a pushchair! i get soaked when i'm out in the rain with sarah, she's all snug under her raincover but me, i'm wet through!
    sue
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    you have to tie a thick, knotted rope to the ceiling and pull yourself up from the floor....heave....easy...unless your hands,elbows or shoulders are bad...if not they soon will be. make sure there is no rug on the floor or you could end up swinging like tarzan not being able to let go cos of the pain in your ankles if you drop down.
    thats a non starter then
    :roll: Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    I used to teach the kiddies at my school how to put on their coats by themselves as they have the same problems!

-Lay your coat on the bed all stretched out so you can see the lining. Make sure that the collar of the coat is closest to you(the coat will basically be upside down and a bit open.

- Lean forward and slip both arms in the arm holes as far as they can go (even though it looks wrong/upside down etc) :shock:

-As you stand back up straight 'flick' the body of the coat over your head and down your back.

- The sleeves will go on and the rest of the coat should fall into place the right way round.

I hope this is a help although I imagine it might take some modifying if you are stiff! Good luck!! :D

A x
  • debbierose
    Options
    I think the floor is better than the bed tip.
    sounds too much brain power needed.
    you used to be able to get a clip for a pushchair for your brolly and hand bag I'll have to see if I can find one
    lol
    stock of sliver wrapping paper free. hehehehe
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    gickygawky wrote:
    I used to teach the kiddies at my school how to put on their coats by themselves as they have the same problems!

-Lay your coat on the bed all stretched out so you can see the lining. Make sure that the collar of the coat is closest to you(the coat will basically be upside down and a bit open.

- Lean forward and slip both arms in the arm holes as far as they can go (even though it looks wrong/upside down etc) :shock:

-As you stand back up straight 'flick' the body of the coat over your head and down your back.

- The sleeves will go on and the rest of the coat should fall into place the right way round.

I hope this is a help although I imagine it might take some modifying if you are stiff! Good luck!! :D

A x

How many beds did you have in your school then? It must have been interesting at playtime :!: :lol::lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    not sure about the hair dryer on places we cant reach??????!!!!!!!!! the mind boggles and hope no one can see this being done - strange images in mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry maybe just my warpped mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :oops: :oops:
    louise
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • debbierose
    Options
    psyart wrote:
    not sure about the hair dryer on places we cant reach??????!!!!!!!!! the mind boggles and hope no one can see this being done - strange images in mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry maybe just my warpped mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :oops: :oops:
    louise

you would be surprize how many areas you can dry with a hairdryer
    i use mine for allsorts of things defrosting cheese cake warming up my little dog Asia not Dexter Doodle (he doesn't like it) warming up clothes before i put them on. drying stick on eye lashes loads of things the only thing I dont dry is my hair.
    lol