do you know what weight you were when born

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
edited 7. Nov 2009, 16:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
i was 1lb 14 ounces. and i had ph monia cannot spell that. sue was 2lb 2 ounces.
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    i was 1lb 14 ounces. and i had ph monia cannot spell that. sue was 2lb 2 ounces.
    joan xx

Aw, bless! You have both done well. My daughter was 11 weeks prem and weighed 2lbs 6 ozs and went down to 1lb 14 ozs.

I weighed around 5lbs when born.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Joan

You were tiny twins, weren't you? You were lucky to survive. My twins were 5lb and 4lb 14oz, so good weights. It was a difficult birth though, as my son was breech. Luckily for me, I didn't have to go through it because they were handed to me on a plate,( not literally!) when we adopted them at 8 weeks. Their birth mother has told me all about it though. How awful for her to go through that, and then have to part with them. We are very good friends now.

I was 6lb 14oz, so about average weight.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Joan :)

My goodness you were tiny, what a start for you both. I was 4lbs 3oz and my twin 4lbs 4oz. She always was the bossy one even then!
    Joan L. how lovely that you were able to keep in touch with your twins birth mum. That is nice to know.
    Chris
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    chris7 wrote:

My goodness you were tiny, what a start for you both. I was 4lbs 3oz and my twin 4lbs 4oz. She always was the bossy one even then!
    Joan L. how lovely that you were able to keep in touch with your twins birth mum. That is nice to know.
    Chris

Hi Chris

I didn't realise you were a twin too. It is very special to be a twin, I think. My two have a very strong bond, and tell each other everything, even they don't live near to each other now that they are both married.

They only contacted their birth mother three years ago, when they were 35. They didn't want to earlier, although I was always keen for them to do it. She said it was beyond her wildest dreams when she met them at last. She had written to them every year on their birthday for 35 years, but the adoption society was not allowed to pass on the letters until the twins met her and asked for them. These letters are the most moving thing I have ever read. Now we share our twins willingly with her, and everyone benefits.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    chris7 wrote:

Chris

Hi Chris

I didn't realise you were a twin too. It is very special to be a twin, I think. My two have a very strong bond, and tell each other everything, even they don't live near to each other now that they are both married.

They only contacted their birth mother three years ago, when they were 35. They didn't want to earlier, although I was always keen for them to do it. She said it was beyond her wildest dreams when she met them at last. She had written to them every year on their birthday for 35 years, but the adoption society was not allowed to pass on the letters until the twins met her and asked for them. These letters are the most moving thing I have ever read. Now we share our twins willingly with her, and everyone benefits.

Joan
    How lovely that you have given her back a little of the joy which blessed you. As you say a happy ending for you all.
    Chris :D
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    i was 9lb 4oz :shock: my mum had a c.section after hours off pain, shes always telling me :roll:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    i was 9lb 4oz :shock: my mum had a c.section after hours off pain, shes always telling me :roll:

Mothers eh?!
    I was 6lb or thereabouts can't check as Mum not here :(
    Toni x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Me and mine were all boringly average, all at around 7lb. Hubby was so tiny he wasn't expected to live and was baptized twice. It must have helped as he's still here now.

Annie
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I was six pounds six ounce and had a shock of dark hair dad started to go gray when had me. was brown haired. I follow moms side all born dark hair then goes brown. My uncle retained his black locks and was thought by nurse he was the father because of this. : :lol: from joanne
    Joanne
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Hi all

I was 8lb 3oz. Was a big baby and been big ever since :lol:
    I even know that i was born at 2.30pm on a Tuesday.

Carol X
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Hi all,

what an interesting thread

I was 8 weeks prem and weighed in at 3lb 9oz ...one of the smallest babies that survived at that time in the hospital where I was. I made my mum very ill, and I was in hospital for a couple of months I believe, including my first Christmas. I think mum had pre-eclampsia, but they never really told dad much about it, and I can't ask my mum either. :(

I have NEVER been small since - never stopped making up for my poor start in life :wink:
  • eileenc
    eileenc Bots Posts: 118
    Options
    I was 10lb 13oz :shock: - with a mop of black curly hair - my sister was 10lb 4oz :shock: born 9 years after me. We were both sections as my poor old mum was 4ft 61/2 and though she was overweight if she went to 7st :roll: . She was on bed rest for the final 3 months for both of us - and no wonder :shock: :lol: .
    I grew up to be a 5ft 6" and 'large' - my sister is 5ft 4" and 'large' and it came as a shock to people that this nice wee petite woman gave birth us. We must have looked a sight striding along with mum almost running between us :lol: . (my dad was 6ft 2")
    Our two daughters born 14 years apart - the 1st one was 10lb 8oz and really no bother, managed a 7 hour labour with no pain relief :P - the 2nd one was 7lb 6oz, 26 hour labour and 'give me everything' pain relief :o .
    What a nice subject - a trip down memory lane, thank goodness I'm past the age of feeling 'broody' :lol:
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I was born at 6lb 7oz, jet black hair, I was 2 weeks early and born in Munich at an army base as my dad was in the army, I was due to be born in England but decided not to wait, I still hold a dual passport love jaspercatxx
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I was prem as my mum had pre-eclampsia and was still 7lbs8oz.

When I was having Meg all the scans said that I would have a big baby because they go by the length of the femur. She was actually 6lbs 13ozs because she was long and skinny. She was also a very easy labour of 3 hours. Not bad for the first and yes, natural! :shock:
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    I was three weeks late and after a two day endurance event I arrived with a mop of black hair that graced my back and shoulders. I was almost 9 pounds. Poor mum :shock:

A x