noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 9. Nov 2009, 13:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi all the little feller has chicken pox at 15 mths yipes

Comments

• lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear that.Poor little tyke.Is he covered or only got a few.

you will have to take care too as shingles can be caught from the virus.

When I was young( a long time ago) my mum bathed us in flowers of sulphur to cool the spots.The only thing is it was a green powder which left me looking like the hulk.Complete the effect with a coat of calamine lotion. Horrible to look at but I only bear a couple of scars from scratching the tops off.
    Linda H 8)
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I remember this well, was even cruel enough to take photo of a face full of spots covered in calamine :oops:

How you doing?

Love
    Vonski x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Sorry to hear about the chicken pox, but they nearly all get it sometime. Usually, the younger they are, the milder the illness. I used Calamine lotion to cool the itchiness when my kids got it.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    Oh dear, sounds like you might be in for it for a few nights. Saying that Meg had C. Pox at 11 months and hardly noticed it so you might be lucky. She had a few spots and was quiet for a few days. Apart from that she didn't notice. I've heard that it's better to get it younger as it's milder and then you have the immunity.

You however will need to be careful not to touch the spots as shingles can be nasty for us and it's all the varicella virus. I didn't catch it from my daughter thankfully. Have you had C. Pox?
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    sorry to hear about chicken pox (chicken pop's as my eldest calls them!) i hope he gets over them quickly.

my eldest is 10 yrs old and never had them, despite being in contact with chicken pox outbreaks in preschool several times and again a few times in infant school i often wondered if you can be immune?

i had them along with my 2 brothers when i was little.
    sue
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    sorry to hear about chicken pox (chicken pop's as my eldest calls them!) i hope he gets over them quickly.

my eldest is 10 yrs old and never had them, despite being in contact with chicken pox outbreaks in preschool several times and again a few times in infant school i often wondered if you can be immune?

i had them along with my 2 brothers when i was little.
    sue

Sue,

I've never have measles nor mumps and never be vaccinated. All my family had them and lots of my friends in school but I never caught it. The Dr seems to think that I've got a natural immunity so maybe your eldest is the same.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Oh Chrisov
    I hope he is ok :(
    Your poor daugter :(
    I hope none of you adults catch it too.
    Take care
    Love
    Toni xx
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the little fella Chrisov

Hope he is ok,
    be careful you dont catch it or the dreaded
    shingles.

My daughter's friend's baby of 6 months
    has it too, poor little Ollie.

Hope you are ok.

Kath xx
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, sorry to learn that Charlie has chickenpox, I had it at 2 years old, I can remember itching and everyone was saying don't scratch, easier said than done, hope all the adults don't catch and that Charlie soon recovers love Jaspercatxx
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    cool drinks calamine lotion from top to toe little cotton mitts to stop itching during the night
    best out of the way when young.
    lol
  • bigmomma
    bigmomma Member Posts: 291
    Options
    Oh, poor Charlie! Hope he has the milder effects, and is soon over it. My poor Mum had 5 of us down with it one Easter - and because our tongues were coated, we couldn't face our Easter Eggs. Only time that has ever been known to happen in our house! I often wonder how Mum coped with all the trials and tribulations we six brought home, bless her.

AGYG
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    my son suffered from ezma, so could not use calamine got some tablets from herbalist they worked a treat he was only about 18 months
    val