Drving lessons in northern ireland?Help

Options
zoeybeau1
zoeybeau1 Member Posts: 3
edited 9. Nov 2009, 08:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have my provisonal, im about to loose my driver, for my car, well after christmas, personal stuff, however im 38 have RA and need to learn to drive, can anyone help with ideas where to find a drivng school that copes with disabled drivers well learner drivers please.
thankyou
Also can i get help paying for lessons?

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Motability might help with fees for driving lessons and would be a good place to go for advice on what sort of car and adaptions you need.However you only get a car if you qualify for DLA mobility,higher rate.Their is a guide to adaptions on their website.
    www.motability.co.uk or phone 0845 456 4566 for general enquiries

I have R.A and found an automatic car the best for my needs.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • zoeybeau1
    zoeybeau1 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thankyou I have a motability car, however my partner and i are going through a split im here till i can sort a house out or after christmas, iv 3 kids, my prtner doesnt mind on bit driving my car but refuses to believe there is any thing wrong with me, despite seeing me in onstant pain, he say oh it cant be this bad, i was taken into hospital lastweek with lung pain had it for 2 weeks almost 3 have morphine patch on, and despite painkillers no better i see doctor tomorrrow, the doc at the hosptial suggested its fibro, i need to get on the road, i cant keep the car with no driver, and i need to have some independence or im affraid this disease will beat me.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Zoey,
    Sorry to read that! I have a mobility car too but not driven for 6 years due to pain(I have a licence).Drove for 4 years with the pain but it got the better of me in the end.I had a THR so a bit better and would like todruve again.Would def get an automatic little car myself,even though I have 5 kids(3 at home).I miss the independence and sometimes my OH makes snide comments about having to do"everything".
    You will keep the car as issued on your behalf I presume?You are allowed 2 nominated drivers on the insurance,doesnt have to be you.
    your partner cant take it.
    I hope it all goes well.I am sure mobility could help with lesson costs!You might need to explain forcibly why you need lessons quick.
    Best wishes Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein