shootings

Options
vonski
vonski Member Posts: 1,292
edited 9. Nov 2009, 08:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well another day another worry! I'm probably over-reacting but on the news 3 people have been shot in Bradford. 1 OK and 2 in hospital. 2 seperate incidents in Bradford, that's where my son is at uni. I know it's not uncommon around the Bradford area but why now?
Love
Vonski x

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi vonski I hope he's ok, it's probably drug gang stuff, ironic really when we have the toughest gun laws in the western world, say's a lot about our broken society and inability of the authorities to stop the guns getting here in the first place. what is it coming to when kids are killing kids and all because of a poxy post code.
  • vonski
    Options
    Hi Mellman

It always seems to be drug related, don't get me started on that one :oops: Some people have very fancy houses and cars but don't work!!!!! don't understand that one at all, well how they get away with it.

Love
    Vonski x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi my son looked at bradford but we did not like the place the uni was great and the course good but did not feel the town was safe. my nephew went there after and lived home the third year and traveled he hated the place they did not feel safe going out at night they went into leeds instead. but he passed his course and got a great job. the uni does look after them well so do not worry the areas of trouble usually away from the students
    val
  • vonski
    Options
    Hi Val

That's just what we thought, nice uni but off campus not that good. He had a place at Bangor but wanted Manchester and they messed him around until it was too late only places left were Hull or Bradford.

Love
    Vonski x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My Cousin went to Bradford and it was the time of the Yorkshire Ripper and unfortunately one of his victims was a Bradford student at the time so nowhere is ever safe!My brother was at Warwick and his friend died at a demonstration in London so you cant win!Nowhere is safe at all times.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein