Black holes and space time

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 9. Nov 2009, 07:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hey did anyone see the BBC2 program about space time and black holes the other week?, if so what did you think of it and did any of it make any sense to you? :?

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

No, I didn't see it, but it sounds interesting. I live on a different planet most of the time anyway :!: :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hey did anyone see the BBC2 program about space time and black holes the other week?, if so what did you think of it and did any of it make any sense to you? :?

I thought it was a well researched and very well put together programme......

The content was spot on and I think it was 'put over' so well that everyone who watched would have gone away with a clear understanding of the concepts.........

Made total sense to me......

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sorry missed it will look for it coming on again
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    I just find it Incredible that all the atoms above hydrogen were all made in supernova you me the drunk staggering home next doors cat the dog my curry I have just got down me neck etc, it’s proof of the saying destruction breeds creation but sometimes I do wonder if it’s all worth it when you see what some life forms end up like!. :?
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    I just find it Incredible that all the atoms above hydrogen were all made in supernova you me the drunk staggering home next doors cat the dog my curry I have just got down me neck etc, it’s proof of the saying destruction breeds creation but sometimes I do wonder if it’s all worth it when you see what some life forms end up like!. :?

So are we all made of the same stuff then :?: :?: Does that mean I'm related to you :?: :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    always thought u were such a star
    s065.gif
    val
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Yes Hubby and I loved it and have actually had a grown up conversation about it. :lol: Such a wild phenomenom and they say they are everywhere!! Wow!

I love that all the astrophysicists etc were also blown away and confused by the whole concept just like us!

If they don't get it, no wonder we are struggling! :lol:

Arna x
  • mellman01
    Options
    hi gickygawky yeah it was put over well I'm sort of getting this time thing now, well just!, the thing is rehab do the LHC could well generate a small black hole they think it will evapourate in seconds but hey you never know.
    And yes we are star dust and the Earths seas are mostly made up of comet debre, no not the one you can go and purchase some naff bit of land fill, you know the sort of place lots of cheap bling and shell suited numpties everywhere, a bit like a retail version of Shaun of the dead. :shock:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi rehab you haven't been to ye olde Didcot towns Argos, ye gods it's grim trust me, I'm no snob but I do have some standards, being able to talk is one, it's a bit like the descent but with just more light.

Anyway I've found out why time slows down while I'm at work, I sure I've deteceted an event horizon in the rubbish bin, how do I know, well I had a bag of crisps last week and the empty bag still in there on it's own.
  • robertls
    Options
    Maybe we're putting too much faith/hope in LH Collider.............

And what practical use will any information/results be???

Could the huge amount of money been better spent???

(On Arthritis prevention/management mayhap???)

Will the damn thing ever work??

Could the Large Hadron Collider be sabotaging itself from the future?

Is that what happened last time???

Rob x (with his serious thin king hat on)
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    QRM god haven't come across that one in years rehab, yeah I'ms sure it's in t or near the bin, I've been here for 3.1/2 hours now and it's been like a bloody life time, I've drank all me t and have run out of food hours ago., that guy in the wheelchair has a lot of explaining to do I can tell you. :x
  • mellman01
    Options
    Ha your bunker is kaput heir von rehab the old black hole will just absorb it and you, and me come to think of it!, if they do or can find old Higgs Boson it will mean the last bit of the space time thingy bubble wotsit can be hmmm er er well?, I’ve got it! I’ve got it!!!, they can open up a time portal and get rid of all the nasty CO2, and even better they could put those two idiot twins from pap factor in it as well, them and all the land fill we have stacking up oh and all the pikies camped illegally up the road from me!
  • robertls
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Ha your bunker is kaput heir von rehab the old black hole will just absorb it and you, and me come to think of it!, if they do or can find old Higgs Boson it will mean the last bit of the space time thingy bubble wotsit can be hmmm er er well?, I’ve got it! I’ve got it!!!, they can open up a time portal and get rid of all the nasty CO2, and even better they could put those two idiot twins from pap factor in it as well, them and all the land fill we have stacking up oh and all the pikies camped illegally up the road from me!

Now yer thinking...................See if we try hard enough, we can solve all the worlds problems...........

Anything else anyone would like to stick in Mellmans portal???

Yer I got some 'travelling types' to put in.....
    Oh yer 'SHE' can go in...........

Thats my little bits of rubbish gone... :lol::lol:

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    U leave my portal out of this rob :oops: , it sounds like I could be one of those chaps who well, lets just say travals on the other bus!, however feel free to tip what you like into my TIME PORTAL you like, I've just thrown the Milaband brothers in for good measure, now I'm off to bag Jack Straw, justice minister, god don't make me laugh he wouldn't know it if it ran up and bit him. Funny thing though ever time I see him he reminds me of Brian the snail form the majic foundabout!?. :?