Raining inside

Options
page35
page35 Member Posts: 1,081
edited 24. Nov 2009, 17:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All
My upstairs neighbours washing machine decided it didnt want to hold water anymore so spat it all out. water all over her floor all down my sons bed room wall, bathroom wall and then through down into my kitchen.
you know its not good when its drier outside than inside.
got the heating on full wack to try to dry it all up, whole house has that damp smell.
Electrican came yesterday and the electrics are all ok so thats good (water was driping through the lights).
well better get back to the cleaning, :roll:
hope your all well as can be
page

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Page,

Sorry you have had an indoor raining time. Glad the electrics are ok though and I hope you have a bit of sun up there so you can have the windows open? We have today :D just going to take more than in the sky to de-swamp here after the storms friday and saturday :wink:

Hey you want a tray of eggs? :lol::lol: Going to have to turn them into cakes if you like one? Luv ((( ))) and bubbles, Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    Oh no!!!
    poor you :roll:
    Agree with Cris - get the windows open and heating on full blast as you are.
    It's foggy here and altogether yukky hope it's better youyr qway.
    The smell will go with time. Has it damaged the decor?
    Posh word eh?! :wink:
    Toni xx
  • page35
    Options
    Would Love one off you cakes :D cris.
    my poor son all his football posters are ruined, lucking i managed to move his bed out in time so only the sheets got wet. few off his other things got wet but should be ok. we might need a new ceiling waiting for another man to come and look at that.
    good job OH was here he had to go help neighbour turn her water off, she was already in 3inches of water when he got up there.
    hope your ok
  • page35
    Options
    Hi TONI
    Only painted walls so long as plaster stays we will just need to paint it. bit worried bout bathrooms tiles they seem to be lifting, and we got no contents insurance :roll: dont know if woman upstairs has.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    contact your ins. comp they have dehumidifiers to get the damp out of walls or u could have probs with plaster ect. also your carpets might be wet so get them to check it all for u that is what u pay them for. good luck take care
    val
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Page,

Will make you 2 :wink: I hope your ceiling holds.... It might if you can get it dried out quickly. Glad he was there and really hope it doesn't end up going into hundreds........ Less as Val says your insured. I wasn't when the bedroom roof came off........ It was during a real storm and the amount of water that came in was horrendous :shock: Did a headless chicken act for a min and then thankfully phoned a roofer :wink::lol::lol: I had residue fear every time a storm came for ages after that....... Then we had a tail end hurricane and the new roof took it in its stride...... Not really helpful to you I know but I do know what its like to see that horrible destruction thing :wink:

I getting there, its better than last week and def better than last month :wink: Luv ((( ))) and bubbles, oh and a cake :lol: Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Sorry to read this Page.What a nightmare.Let us know if you need anything!Blankets, I dont know but you let me know if you are desperate!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Page,sorry to read that,hope the damage isnt too bad.
    Its seems like a few on here have had nightmares this yr with water disasters :roll:
    Hope it all gets sorted for you soon.
    luv debs
  • page35
    Options
    Thanks all for your messages
    cos we rent from housing **** all electric and ceilling and building covered by them, its just the decor (copied toni) that we have to sort and its not too bad, could have been alot worse and no one hurt so thats what matters.

thanks for offer of blankets TK we are all ok thanks :D
    page
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Eeek Page, how awful for you - glad it doesn't seem to have got you down though. Methinks you'll be on the lookout for new football posters though :wink:

Luv Legs XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    so sorry to hear that you have had it raining ndoors - I remember what that felt like when it happened to us.

Hope the damage is not as bad as you fear.

Will try to send the sun your way but have not seen it for a while :lol:
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Page
    Didnt know what else to say!pretty dismal for you and your family.Hope your son is not too sad about losing his posters!How long have you got to put up with this?
    Take care
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • page35
    Options
    Hi ALL
    it all seems to be drying up pretty good :D son still sleeping on sofa cos his room is still damp, but he is quite enjoying sleeping in front room :D .
    man coming from housing **** to asses damage on 20 nov, hoping they will do bathroom tiles at least, ceiling is holding and then we will just paint sons room, think carpet will be ok.
    lady down room (was there when it all happend) gave my son a signed photo of Arsenals goal keeper,(supports Arsenal) so he is very happy :lol:
    Thanks for all your messages :D
    page x
  • tkachev
    Options
    Havent heared from you for a while Page. I was wondering how the house repairs are coming on. Must be really difficult living in all this mess and have to cope with all your aches and pains.
    Hope you are okay
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    page35 wrote:
    Hi TONI
    Only painted walls so long as plaster stays we will just need to paint it. bit worried bout bathrooms tiles they seem to be lifting, and we got no contents insurance :roll: dont know if woman upstairs has.

Might be a bit late now but the tiles would be covered under buildings insurance not contents. All of you r addditional costs would be claimable from the upstairs property owner or their insurance.

sorry I think missed this post some how. is every thing sort now, not sure where you are but if you need quilts are something just shout up, pm me if you wish, also if you are reg disabled which I assume you are the counciil will help you out with dryers etc.
    pm me if you need anything.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello Page
    I'm so sorry, but I have only just got to your posting about your flood.
    It must be a nightmare for you. Thank goodness you had your OH there to sort upstairs.
    Water can do so much damage, remember what happened to us when we got back from hols in the summer. Kitchen ceiling down. Took weeks to sort out and we are still waiting for man to come and finish tiles. You should or ought to claim for the other person's insurance. Let me know how you're doing

I don't know what size bedding you use, but I have some double bed size duvets and pillows going spare and sheets, covers etc.
    If you don't live too far away we could bring them over.
    joy
  • page35
    Options
    Hi All
    Thank you all for your concern :D
    man is coming on the 7 and 8 to do the ceiling (that is going to be messy and dusty) and then someone coming on the 14 to do bathroom tiles, or to look at them anyway, these things always take so long.
    my sons bedroom has dryed up nicely so it just needs painting :D

TK i will pm you ive not been to well, eye probs now :roll: Thanks TK

delboy thanks its all being done by houseing **** who i rent from appart from paint in sons room which we will prob pay for as will be easier than trying to get anything from woman upstairs. :roll:
    and it could have done with a lick of paint anyway :lol:

thanks all for offers of help and sheets and stuff but we are fine thank you all very much havent been on here for few days and this has really cheered me up so thank you.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Page,

I am sorry you haven't been too well. Luv bubbles and a (((( ))) xx