ill health retirement advice please

michael869
michael869 Member Posts: 6
Hi
in 2003 after 20 years with bells whisky now diageo I was granted ill-health retirement as my duties were too onerous with my arthritis of neck and lower back.Company doctor was entirely disbelieving but reduction in numbers was too good to miss.Obtained new employment and unaware pension to be reviewed in 5 years. When this occurred I was at home recovering from associated operation[requested early return to work as couldnt afford to be off any longer] both current gp and previous [now retired] have intimated to my company my condition will not improve and is likely to worsen.New review date is October 2010-am I likely to lose pension as currently I push myself very hard to maintain family home etc and do not know how long I can keep this up and may perhaps become much more reliant on pension income?

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Dear Michael,

Thank you for your enquiry to Arthritis Care. I'm not entirely sure what help you are wanting. I'd encourage you to ring our freephone number and we can talk things over with you and see if we can suggest who to signpost you to.

I hope we can help further

Guy