Steroids

Options
wmahood0511
wmahood0511 Member Posts: 3
edited 11. Nov 2009, 11:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum.
I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last year. When I first got the disease I was in sheer agony, I couldn't move from my bed. I went to the hospital, they ran a few tests then they put me on prednisolone (steroids). At first the dose was 40mg, which they told me was quite high. Then as the months went on I was told to come down off that dose, but everytime I tried to come down to 30mg or even 35mg my joints flared up again and I'd be in agony again. It is after taking the steroids for a full year that I have managed to come down to 35mg then 30mg a month later.
My main concern is that the steroids seem to have bad side effects. The main side effects that are really bothering me are what I believe to be "moonface" and the increased appetite. As a guy I'm not really into my exercising or my healthy eating but I managed to keep the weight off by trying a bit of both but ever since I've been on the steroids I seem to be eating all the time and when I eat, I eat a lot. None of my clothes fit, I'm out of breath all the time, I'm finding it harder to do other things.
Within the next couple of months I hope to be moving off the steroids onto imixiflab injections. I am wondering will my "moonface" disappear once I'm off the steroids and I wonder how long it will take?
Also I wonder will my appetite also deminish?

Many Thanks
William