Afghanistan again!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 17. Nov 2009, 15:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
I’ve just finished listening to Gordon Brown talking about Afghanistan and as I correctly predicted he’s now talking about doing what the US did in Vietnam i.e. cutting and running, they the US had a jazzy name for it that was Vietnamization, and ironically he has just used the exact term I did for it ie, Afghanistanization.
So now I’ll make a prediction, as soon as we cut and run, sorry lets use political speak here, “ pass the torch”, snazzy eh!, the present corrupt government will collapse within 6-12 months and the Taliban will come back stronger than before and there will be a period of slaughter of all the people who sided with us.

Ok I’m not playing devils advocate and this is a personal judgement by me on the present climate and is not intended to offend anyone I might be wrong god I hope I am as we really need to be doing the opposite and applying pressure on the Pakistan Taliban from the Afghan side of the border to support the Pakistan Armies present actions up on the frontier, but you know when a politician starts to mention such things as “Afghanistanization” it’s normally done to get everyone ready for it’s application, the next year or so could well be very interesting.
One last thing I am not going to reply to any questions or arguments put to or directed at me on this as I say this is my personal view only. : :shock:

Comments

• robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've not posted before on this subject......Got my own reasons for that..
    Just watched Gordy Brown......felt sick as his words....

Your thoughts match my ......EXACTLY.......

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    Well I can post on here rehab but it's purely subjective I neither seek or ask for debate, from me but as this forum states it's a chit chat forum, so see me as the facilitator a Catalyst on this one this time, but I will say just one thing and that is this, mark my words well he's planning to cut and run leaving a bigger mess than when we started and all for nowt, typicle slimey Politician in my book!, Right over to you guy's. :mrgreen:
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi

I agree this is a topic ripe for discussion and argument! The Taliban don't seem to have any respect for people and human life. Like you it's my opinion. How can someone condone killing or encourage suicide bombers? I think what has happened over the years is disgraceful and when religion is used as an excuse for war and murder it maddens me.

I hate the thought of parents losing their children to war. I hope for peace and understanding but I think I'm naive and maybe it isn't as simple as that.

Sharmaine
  • mellman01
    Options
    With you on that 100% sharmaine. :wink:
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi

At the risk of a backlash for this how about bringing our lads home and sending the one that stole the poppy appeal money and others like him to replace them.

Love
    Vonski x
  • mellman01
    Options
    vonski wrote:
    Hi

At the risk of a backlash for this how about bringing our lads home and sending the one that stole the poppy appeal money and others like him to replace them.

Love
    Vonski x

A sound idea me thinks! :D
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Mellman

Where did you hear this? What news was it I mean what station?

Did Gordon Brown say it in a speech?

I'm not at home and have not got sky News or anything

trisher
  • mellman01
    Options
    Did anyone see news night last night?, you couldn't make it up, ye gods what a flippin mess, the next 2-3 years are going to be very interesting lets just hope Pakistan doesn't go down the same hole Afghanistan does once we bug out. :?
  • mellman01
    Options
    Browns got an election to fight and we are broke so it's not a matter of if but when I imagine. :?
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Browns got an election to fight and we are broke so it's not a matter of if but when I imagine. :?

you are neither a catalyst or a facilator for me or to my knowledge any one else on this forum and although I advocate for freedom of speech including yours I don't think its right for you to post your politics and then say you won't respond or answer then you do.
  • mellman01
    Options
    debbierose wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

you are neither a catalyst or a facilator for me or to my knowledge any one else on this forum and although I advocate for freedom of speech including yours I don't think its right for you to post your politics and then say you won't respond or answer then you do.

YAWWWWWWWWWN!, what?, eh?? did someone say something!??:mrgreen:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Couldn't agree more, Rehab. I keep losing mine and every time I find it, it's been changed again.
    Wonder where I put it this time..............

Annie