Diagnosing arthritis

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
Hello,

I'm under the care of a rheumatologist and he suspects inflammatory arthritis. I had one set of blood tests and they showed a very high ESR, as well as a severe vitamin D deficiency. Rheumatoid factor was negative, ANA was negative and CRP was normal. I'm awaiting more blood test results and the results of the isotope bone scan that I had yesterday. If the scan comes back negative, does this mean I definitley don't have arthritis? Could I be diagnosed based on my symptoms and examination alone? I'm just a bit confused. Originally, it was assumed I have Fibromyalgia but in a letter sent from my rheumatologist to GP, he said I do not have this.

I'm frustrated and impatient. :(

Thank you.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    princess01 wrote:
    Hello,

I'm under the care of a rheumatologist and he suspects inflammatory arthritis. I had one set of blood tests and they showed a very high ESR, as well as a severe vitamin D deficiency. Rheumatoid factor was negative, ANA was negative and CRP was normal. I'm awaiting more blood test results and the results of the isotope bone scan that I had yesterday. If the scan comes back negative, does this mean I definitley don't have arthritis? Could I be diagnosed based on my symptoms and examination alone? I'm just a bit confused. Originally, it was assumed I have Fibromyalgia but in a letter sent from my rheumatologist to GP, he said I do not have this.

I'm frustrated and impatient. :(

Thank you.

Dear Princess01

It can be a very difficult time when you are waiting for a diagnosis. Due to the nature of your posting I am sending you a private message in response.

Best Wishes
    Dawn