Thankyou

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 20. Nov 2009, 15:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all,
just a quick post to say a big thank you to all of you who sent pm's and messages regarding the passing of my Godmother. We eventually had the funeral yesterday (16 days after her death) and I actually managed to sleep properly last night. Mo was a very supersticious woman and would have gone mad at being cremated on friday the 13th!!(the planning had nothing to do with me!!). I went to see her in the chapel of rest on thursday and told her off for not letting me get the Doctor to her weeks ago but then I thanked her for always being there for me and being a surrogate Grandmother to my girls. I put photos in her coffin of the girls as she always had a photo of them with her. I was upset to see her in a shroud as this lady never wore a skirt or dress although it was nice (if there can be such a thing as a nice shroud :?: ). As i left I noticed that the undertakers had got the wrong date on her coffin!! I told them of their mistake and they even checked with the coroner to make sure!!! I must admit after the initial shock of that I had a little laugh to myself as I could almost hear her saying to me "Bloody 'ell Gal- it could only 'appen to me!'
I will not bore you with details of the funeral as that is still too raw to really write about. I'm sorry this was only going to be a short post :? ! Anyway once again thank you all and as Joan said on her thread remember to tell the ones you love that you love them- you never know what is around the corner.
Kate xx

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done kate, i'm thinking of you. The pain will pass then you will have nothing but fond memories

love Trisher xx
  • kazpaz
    kazpaz Bots Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi Kate

I've only just seen your news. I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your Godmother.

Hope happy memories will see you through.

Lots of love

Kaz xx
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    I don't think people we love ever leave us.....they live on in our hearts.

Jackie x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi Kate
    Only just seen your post as my laptop been out of action for a while. I am sorry to learn of your loss. I hope you will be comforted in time by all the happy memories of your friendship.
    In the meantime am sending you cyber hugs.
    love Gillx
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    just read your post and sorry for your loss losing a loved one is never easy.
    the inunit peoples believe that as long as some one knows the name of a loss one they are not really gone but live on in the wind and air.
    lol
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    debbierose wrote:
    just read your post and sorry for your loss losing a loved one is never easy.
    the inunit peoples believe that as long as some one knows the name of a loss one they are not really gone but live on in the wind and air.
    lol

Hi everyone,

First time on for a little while as I still feel a bit raw. That is a lovely sentiment from the inuit people debbie and I thankyou for that.

Feeling a bit like the Angel of Death at the moment though- I went to another funeral on Monday (my friends Mum) and then yesterday heard that a friends 15 year old son had been hurt in a road accident on monday (he skidded off his bike in all the bad weather). Sadly his parents decided to turn off the life support machines. Suddenly everything is put into perspective. My beloved Godmother had had her life -this vibrant young man has had his cut short through pure accident.

If any of you out there believe in God (no matter what your faith) please remember the Green family in your prayers as I am sure they will need all the love and support going from family and friends and people whom they don't even know.

Thanks

Kate x