Disapointment today

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 17. Nov 2009, 18:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi everyone, this year I adopted a badger for Malcolm because he loves them and this rescue place sent him a big toy badger, we had some post from them saying they were adopting foxes too, again they send you a toy fox, it never arrived but they had taken the money, when Malcolm rung them they said that the foxes hadn't arrived, I just adore foxes but have had to settle for an otter, love them too of course love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

Sorry you didn't get your fox. Perhaps Santa will bring you one for Christmas.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I've got a whole family of foxes you can have, Jaspercat. They live next door to me in a neglected garden and keep me awake half the flippin' night.

Annie
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Oh annie isnt the howling scary :shock: we live next to a canal and they live all around here and that noise is like something out of a horror film. they come in my garden and try to get my rabbits, then the rabbits start banging cos there scared.
    i do still like foxes though as long as im not in the garden with them, there very brave around here :lol: im not.

sorry you didnt get your fox jasper
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Jasper
    No FOX :(:(
    But you will love that Otter and give him a good home :D
    Love
    Toni x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    Oh annie isnt the howling scary :shock: we live next to a canal and they live all around here and that noise is like something out of a horror film. they come in my garden and try to get my rabbits, then the rabbits start banging cos there scared.
    i do still like foxes though as long as im not in the garden with them, there very brave around here :lol: im not.

sorry you didnt get your fox jasper

I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't want to come in
    I open my door and there's a fox sitting two feet away looking at me wistfully.................

Annie
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi jaspercat sad to hear it, I love badgers same as you, we were driving down Garsens hill in the village of Ipsden the other month and a pure white one ran out from the woods and across the road lovely looking animal, we know where the set is and a few of the pub locals have gone there in the late evening to watch them, he's a big male and must be 5 or more years old. :)
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Mellman, I would dearly love to see a badger up close, they are such lvely animals, I can't understand why the farmers think they are responsible for tb in cattle, no is no evidence. I love all animals except for spiders and ants, I have seen otters up close, they are lovely, but I would love to see a fox or even own a fox cuddly.

The otter cuddly will find a lovely home amongst my collection love Jaspercatxx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    I'd be wary of the foxes with the rabbits.
    We had a fox after our rabbit & i got up 1 morning,the rabbit took his carrot but something wasnt right.
    His back legs were in the sleeping part of the hutch & when i looked he couldnt move them.
    I rushed him to the vets & she had to put him to sleep.
    She said it was proberbly a fox that had scared him,he'd then hit his back on the hutch & broke his back & was paralised.
    Poor snowbell(daughters rabbit)we'd paid a fair bit for him from a rescue centre then the vet bill.was the most expensive rabbit weve ever kept & ive had many over the years.
    luv debs(who doesnt keep bunnies any more)