Any ...

Options
frogmorton
frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
edited 19. Nov 2009, 04:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
Oh there are Delboy - they should be along soon :)
Toni x

Comments

• harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi delboy (are you a biker??)....yep me....but i had to give up due to arthur.....was heartbreaking, especially when i sold my bike, to next doors dad.i have many memories & my husband strapped a camcorder to the front of his bike so when we toured Devon, Dorset, Wiltshire & Somerset 3 years ago, we have great footage of it & often play it back.i had a baby goldwing Honda GL400,it was too underpowered for my liking but i just absolutely loved him & would never upgrade all the time he was running,our 2 youngest sons - who came with us on every adventure - called it "the great escape bike" as they thought it looked like Steve McQueens one !!we were a real biking family,our 2 oldest had scrambler bikes DT50 & RCR 50,my hubby had a Kwak VN750 twin & mine was the GL400,& like i said our 2 youngest boys always came on the back of our bikes,even if we were only going Tescos!!My brother also had a Harley Heritage Softtail & was the other member of our biking brigade he also had to give up as he now suffers with dementia,but like i said,many memories & loads of video,you never know,maybe one day when i am arthur free..........take care and ride free!!xxSally.
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    Options
    i see you are a biker, have just been on your website....EXCELLENT, and i take it thats a photo of you, great to put faces to names, some of us from here are on facebook too.
    xxxxxxx Sally. :D
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I've go an old 18 speed mountain bike does that count??
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi me too,Ive also had to sell up.
    I had a kawaski GPZ500 been all over the country on that until Arthr came along.
    Could no long used brake & clutch & its was a heavy bike for an 8stone Arthr sufferer.
    Broke my heart to see her go & part of my freedom went with her.
    Ive rode bikes all my life,scrambled before i was old enough to be on the rode.
    Went to Amsterdam on the back of a honda firestorm 1000cc 3 days after i passed my bike test (couldnt take my bike as i didnt have european licience as id just passed) ,that was an experience all the bikers were heading for Asen(sp)for the racing.We got let down on our tickets but made up for it joining the convoy of bikes on & off eurostar & on the Motorways.
    Take care,debs
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    We have Lambrettas and Vespas.Does that count?
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    I've go an old 18 speed mountain bike does that count??

No you're a cyclist or a target :lol:

Sorry but have to exercise consistency edited the post in accordance with our terms and conditions house rule 2
    Mod (ECM)
  • tkachev
    Options
    Glad to hear it!They were a significant part of my life from 16-36 but arthritis has made it too uncomfortable.I leave it all to my OH now.I had saved my Vespa for my son,he is 11 now and not showing an interest.I think it will be my 6 year old daughter who inherits it eventually.
    I have sadly, lost quite a few friends to the two wheel world.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Does riding pillion count on a Triumph 650? Not allowed now, since having had a TKR beginning of 2008 :(

E x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hubby's excuse :lol::lol: says in case we have an accident and I am thrown off the bike. :roll: :roll: As I hope to have the other knee done sooner rather than later, I stand NO chance at all!

E x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    Options
    Yes I agree Elna,
    It is the possibility of a fall that worries me .I have come off a bike 3 times and each time hit my knee!I have had a THR recently Delboy, pre-op couldnt get my leg over-if you will excuse my language-but now with more flexability could prob sit pillion but am fearful of damage to the hip!No doubt you will tell me to get over it!
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein