Whhat onn eearth

Options
robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 19. Nov 2009, 07:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
My Laptop iss currenntly beeing repaired.
So I'm hhavinng to use my old laptop.

Troublee withh this onne iss stickinnng keyss.

Particulally (ssp) nn'ss ee's and ssss'ss.

SSomeetimess its h'ss **** weell.

SStill makes for innteeresstinnng reeadinnng.

Rob x
Roba045.gif

Comments

• minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,i was having the same problem with my normal keyboard(not lappy)
    OH has cleaned it,& done something else to it & now working fine again.Its only a cheapy anyway,not worth buyiing expensive 1s as the kids have a habit of spilling things on them.
    But it was such a pain when it was sticking.Could have been typing on a bbbuuusss :wink::lol:
    debs
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Have you tried a good old fashioned calibratory knock with a ball peen hammer?, it wont work but it will make you feel much better :lol:
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    that excuse hey, come on what you been drinking?? :D
  • robertls
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Have you tried a good old fashioned calibratory knock with a ball peen hammer?, it wont work but it will make you feel much better :lol:

I trieed kickinnng the sshh........heell out of itt.

Droppeed it.

geenneerally abusseed it..

Sstill playinnng ssilly devilss

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:

I love it when you talk technical :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Just plug a normal keyboard into your laptop USB socket as a temporary measure.

New laptop keyboards are available on Ebay for about £18 and take about 20 mins to replace. Depends on which laptop it is, but most keyboards are straightforward to replace. Just done mine which had a sticky nnn nn.

How to change one is sure to be available on youtube.com, search for your model+change+keyboard and watch the movie.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • robertls
    Options
    Just plug a normal keyboard into your laptop USB socket as a temporary measure.

New laptop keyboards are available on Ebay for about £18 and take about 20 mins to replace. Depends on which laptop it is, but most keyboards are straightforward to replace. Just done mine which had a sticky nnn nn.

How to change one is sure to be available on youtube.com, search for your model+change+keyboard and watch the movie.

Joseph 8)

Oh Joseph.....................you have me in fits............

This my old laptop.........

Original IBM thinkpad.........Noah had one in the Arc..

USB........hahaha

9 pin serial connector

not even pentium chip

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    No problem on it being ex-Noah, take a look at:
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=TPAD-MOVIES for guides to changing keyboards.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Joseph

Can you tell me what would not. I've got a Dell Inspiron would that be ok

trisher
  • robertls
    Options
    I spent many years doing desktop support..........

This laptop just temporary unntil my compac comes back from repair.

Hinge is brocken..........held open with lego.....

only works when attached to dockinng station..........its like a norwegian blue....... only sicker

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    that excuse hey, come on what you been drinking?? :D

Hic what,sh meee drrrinkin?.
  • mellman01
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

Yep nothing more thecnical than clubbing the hell out of it good old fashioned violence, that's how I make most of your electricaryhewre at this old power station hey it works for me and keeps you lot happy, mind you though why not pull the offending tab off then work and spray the mircoswitch with some silicon spray oil, Halfords do it in a yellow can it's in an inert solution so won't damage the plastic, it might help as the normal problem is the switch shaft gets muck stuck to it and it's this that jams the key normally, it's cheaper than rigging another key board, but if that doesn't work and neither does the installing a new keyboard then take it for a short walk to the top of your staires and accidently drop it dowm them a couple of times then claim it on the house insurance!. :mrgreen:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

Yep nothing more thecnical than clubbing the hell out of it good old fashioned violence, that's how I make most of your electricaryhewre at this old power station hey it works for me and keeps you lot happy, mind you though why not pull the offending tab off then work and spray the mircoswitch with some silicon spray oil, Halfords do it in a yellow can it's in an inert solution so won't damage the plastic, it might help as the normal problem is the switch shaft gets muck stuck to it and it's this that jams the key normally, it's cheaper than rigging another key board, but if that doesn't work and neither does the installing a new keyboard then take it for a short walk to the top of your staires and accidently drop it dowm them a couple of times then claim it on the house insurance!. :mrgreen:

WOW :!: :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif