Feeling Broody

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 21. Nov 2009, 17:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Following on from my Babies thread, I am feeling broody. I can't really go round the neighbourhood grabbing every baby I see, and we have no babies in the family at the moment, so I don't quite know what to do.

Jan is in the same state as me.
Cris is sitting on her hands to stop herself going to get another lamb, so I'm not alone in feeling like this, although maybe not in quite the same way.

Any suggestions as to how to cope with feeling broody?

Oh dear, I know what Rehab's going to say already :!: :!:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rehab

Sorry, I misjudged you :!: I thought you might have some more drastic solutions than a cold shower :!: :oops:

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    dont need a cold shower i dont want the nooky :shock: just to be pregnant and have the bubba! :lol: my middle daughter is having a little girl due boxing day d045.gif[/quot

Hi Jan

How ya gonna be pregnant without the nooky :?: :?: :lol:

I'm green with envy about your new little grand- daughter on Boxing Day :mrgreen: You lucky thing, you :!: :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    I know the answer!
    Get a kitten! :D
    Toni (and Daisy) xx
  • thisledome1
    thisledome1 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    We are going to be great grandparents in Feb .

I cant wait we have already ordered the pram .
    Our grandson is 21 on 30th November and his brother is 15 ,so its a long time since we have held a baby .

Jean
  • joanlawson
    Options
    We are going to be great grandparents in Feb .

I cant wait we have already ordered the pram .
    Our grandson is 21 on 30th November and his brother is 15 ,so its a long time since we have held a baby .

Jean

Oh Jean

How fantastic :!: :!: That really is a landmark for you :!: You will be getting really excited in the New Year.

Did you say your grandson's birthday is in November :?: All the best people are born in November, you know :!: It's my birthday next week. How did you guess :?: :?:

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    lol toni ! hubby wont let me have another cat but wouldnt mind a baby! :shock: :lol:

Jan, you and I have so much in common. I would like another kitten too, but I've been over-ruled. No wonder we are so broody :!: :!: :cry:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I love very small babies, the smaller the better - never happier than when I was entrusted with the care of my 3 day old granddaughter because her mother had to go back into hospital for a few days.

One they start saying 'Why?' I take 'em back!!

Annie
  • thisledome1
    Options
    Hi Joan
    As you say it is a land mark we only had one and that was our daughter ,and she went on to have the two boys ,i gave my job up with her first one to look after him so she could go back to work ,he is more like a son to us her second one her best friend minded him .

I dont know if you know, but my grandson shares his birthday with Winston Churchill the 30th Nov.
    So yes there are some famous people born in Nov.

This baby that is coming is a little girl and she will be our fifth generation that is still alive ,my dad is ninety so he will be great great grandad .

We are going to have some photos done hopefully with the five generations .

Jean
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Annie

I once looked after a young baby for a month to help out a friend ( reason too complicated to explain) I really bonded with her, and she didn't settle back with her mother for a while afterwards.

That baby is now a top research scientist in America, carrying out important cancer research. She still keeps in touch and visits when she is over here. I like to think I had one little miniscule bit of influence on her development :!:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Joan
    As you say it is a land mark we only had one and that was our daughter ,and she went on to have the two boys ,i gave my job up with her first one to look after him so she could go back to work ,he is more like a son to us her second one her best friend minded him .

I dont know if you know, but my grandson shares his birthday with Winston Churchill the 30th Nov.
    So yes there are some famous people born in Nov.

This baby that is coming is a little girl and she will be our fifth generation that is still alive ,my dad is ninety so he will be great great grandad .

We are going to have some photos done hopefully with the five generations .

Jean

Hi Jean

How super to have 5 generations. Not many families achieve that, so it will be lovely to have those photos.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    lol joan my birthday is nov too :lol: yes the smell of a new baby is wonderfull , i can smell it now ! :oops: and the smell of a new kitten is nearly as good !
    great grand baby ohhhhhhh how wonderfull :)g030.gif[/quot

Jan, when is your birthday? Mine is on 27th.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    When my son got married in August, there were already 3 boys.
    The requested wedding presents was money towards a honeymoon, to Disney Florida for all of them next year.
    I know my new daughter in law dearly wants a daughter, do you think she can wait?

I don't think she will have a girl. This particular generation on the male side is boys, the previous generation was boy and girl, the one before that was boys and the one before that was boy and girl.
    It has been like that for at least 5 generations. I would like to think I was wrong, because I would dearly love to have another grand daughter. So far I have 4 grandsons, 1 grand daughter. I did have a surrogate grandson next door, but haven't seen much of him since the dispute.

joy
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    My husbands family has only had boy babies for 127 years! :shock:

When our time comes we really hope to buck the system and mix it up a bit by having a baby girl!! :lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Jan

Sorry I missed your birthday on the 4th, but I hope you had a good one. I'm Saggitarius, being late Nov. I'm not sure what that says about me, except perhaps that I am supposed to feel things deeply. That is true of me.

Well done on the 5 generations :!: :!:

Joan
  • thisledome1
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    lol joan my birthday is nov too :lol: yes the smell of a new baby is wonderfull , i can smell it now ! :oops: and the smell of a new kitten is nearly as good !
    great grand baby ohhhhhhh how wonderfull :)g030.gif[/quot

Jan, when is your birthday? Mine is on 27th.

me on the 4th hun sexy scorpio with a huge sting for use in protecting my family ! :wink:

Hi
    Me to iam a Scorpio ,very loyal ,but with a huge sting .My birthday is 31st Oct ,Halloween so iam also a witch .

Gongrats on the 5 generations
    Jean
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,943
    Options
    Hi Joan.
    how about a puppy or a budgie.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    Hi Joan.
    how about a puppy or a budgie.
    joan xx

Hi Joan

I've already got a cat, so no puppies I don't think. You can't cuddle a budgie, can you? I need something/ someone to cuddle.

Joan