I'm an idiot (on MTX) .... get me out of this mess please!

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 19. Nov 2009, 18:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI Folks,

Have been having a memory crisis this week it appears!

I sort my meds out into individual named boxes for the week ahead.

only realised this morning when I took my morning meds that yesterday I took tuesday's set of tablets complete with folic acid, and then had my MTX injection on the same day.

Usually I take FOlic ACid every day EXCEPT methotrexate day.

Can't get hold of the rheumy nurse today, and not sure whether to take folic acid today or not - has the harm already been done?

anyway, any ideas or anyone done the same before & what does it mean?

ta from a dopey WOnky :lol:

Comments

• scarecrow
    scarecrow Member Posts: 5
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    HI Folks,

Have been having a memory crisis this week it appears!

I sort my meds out into individual named boxes for the week ahead.

only realised this morning when I took my morning meds that yesterday I took tuesday's set of tablets complete with folic acid, and then had my MTX injection on the same day.

Usually I take FOlic ACid every day EXCEPT methotrexate day.

Can't get hold of the rheumy nurse today, and not sure whether to take folic acid today or not - has the harm already been done?

anyway, any ideas or anyone done the same before & what does it mean?

ta from a dopey WOnky :lol:

Hiya
    I'm on the oral methotrexate tablets and did the same as you the other week. I took my folic acid without thinking then swallowed my methotrexate tabs. I was okay but maybe it's best to check with the nurse.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi wonkey don't worry kid I think it's something to do with the weather coz I have been having a flippin awful time mixing things up and generally forgetting what the hell I was going to say or do,last week was a nightmare, this morning as I got to the lift to go up to the op's centre in the power station where I limp around I meet the boss man and forgot his name!,I see him 5 day's a flippin week, early day's though I've only been there nine years!. :oops:
  • madgirlzzz
    madgirlzzz Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi
    I think you should be OK, from what I gather the floic acid stops the methetrexate from working! so you should be Ok - but don't totally take my word! As I to am having one of those weeks too! but I'm sure you wont be harmed with mixing the two!
    Gayle x
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Don't worry we've all been there, some days are worse than others. :roll: It's true the folic acid has an effect which can dampen the effect of the methotrexate but you won't come to any harm.
    rita
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi wonky,

Looks like we're all a bunch of numpties! When I was on Mtx tabs I did the same as you too . Took Mtx on wrong day and then added the frolic acid (such a good name for it!) to the cocktail.... not a problem according to the rheumy at the time....just reduces the effectiveness of the Mtx.

Maybe we should be asking to have our memories tested or check for signs of early onset dementia? what was the question again??
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    thanks all of you - I don't feel quite so stupid after all your comments - thanks! :lol:

I am tired and with going away I think I have had too much on my mind, and trying to push things a bit too much, so going to have as relaxing time as I can this weekend.

I love the idea of it being 'frolic' acid .... :lol::lol::lol: will have to tell my hubby that one tomorrow he will really love that!

thanks again, will remember what day it is tomorrow and will take more care to know the right day when MTX day looms :wink: