If my blood tests are showing little activity...

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 20. Nov 2009, 12:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
why do I feel like poo?
Was at GP's yesterday with funky looking painful thumb. They suggested steroid inj. Rheumy nurse didn't call me back and GP's said that if I had no joy they would ring up and get pushy. Once I'd said this to receptionist I was told to come in this afternoon. Great. But I feel like I'm throwing my weight around and I don't want the hosp to get grumpy with me.
I'm having a flare up not just in thumb but all over, neck, shoulders feet etc so have asked for an all over steroid.

My blood test results in October showed little activity but since then I've had four bad flare ups, which have resulted in me either not getting out of bed or getting off the sofa. I got the impression in october than the rheumy doc assumed that because blood tests were low I shouldn't be feeling like this. GP said that he should let my body know as its not listening.
Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I agree bloods arn't always able to show things, people can have RA and still have normal bloods. If you feel like poo then go back, its what the doc is there for! :wink: Love Sue
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Jenzie,
    Agree with the others...bloods do not always reflect what we're feeling...also..anti TNF (don't know if you're on that) masks signs of flares so just you stick to your guns!!

Makes good sense to have the body inj rather than just one joint..much more effective in calming things down everywhere.

Like the sound of your GP at least he's fighting your corner....

hope you feel better soon. Irisx
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Well I've been to see the rheumy nurse for huge steroid jab.
    My joints even played ball and when I took my socks off my feet were swollen and maroon in colour! Hopefully the steroids will kick in fairly soon. Shes away next week but she said if I'm still having problems then I can come back and see the consultant.
    I'm not on any meds other than low dose steroids and paracetamol as I'm pregnant at the mo. Here's hoping they work!!
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi jenzie,
    sounds like that went well! hope steroids kick in soon and don't stop you sleeping tonight!

great that you have the option of seeing consultant next week if need be.
    Didn't know there were two of you...so.. congrats about expecting a baby! such good news!! be sure to get proper rest & get your o/h to run after you ...
    Irisx