Results of foot probs

Options
tkachev
tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
edited 20. Nov 2009, 05:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
Saw my consultant yesterday.Unfortunately inflammation results higher so they are upping my MTX from 15 to 20mg.I worked hard to get it reduced this Summer as I was feeling so much better after my THR.I was pretty shocked at inflammation results but have noticed an increase in pain in knees,wrist and shoulder but nowhere near the old days(pre-Humira).Offered me a steroid injetion but dont feel it is necessary yet.
The foot problem is caused by the subtalar joint.Got it X-rayed.Dont yet know what that means or what they will do about it.
Need to come off ibuprofen,again not told how.When you sit there blinded by science you forget to ask!
I mentioned my hip prob,where I lifted a heavy toy and then have had a bruised feeling ever since but she changed the subject to another part of the body so still dont know what to do about that.The problem is there are so many different things happening with the body you forget what bits you have already mentioned.
Anyone had probs with their subtalar joint?
Take care all
Elizabeth
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    .Hi, I'm sorry about the foot, but at least you are getting the right meds now, so hopefully you will soon notice the differance. As for the sore leg, I remember you saying about that. If she didn't seem worried, it must be that she thinks its just one of those things. The lifting put your healing hip back a bit maybe. If it goes on much longer, I'd go and see your GP and ask again, as youl need to be on the safe side. Sometimes I think doctors can go deaf when it suits them :roll: :wink:

Hope your hip soon sorts out, love Sue
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Your right pixie! consultants secretaries are pure gold...any time I've phoned my rheumy consultant phones me back...quicker than going back to GP!

p.s. remember to write down what you need to tell him; don't rely on memory!!

good luck. hope you feel better soon. Iris x