MTX and Sickness

Options
noggin
noggin Member Posts: 6
edited 21. Nov 2009, 17:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Haven't been on the site for a while and just catching up on posts. I was interested to read the one started by steph120786 (hope your daughter is doing better now with the injections).

I was under the impression that the injections were given solely as an alternative to oral meds as this stopped the sickness altogether. I have been considering switching to this method to prevent my sickly feeling but to be honest, I keep putting off as I feel I can't be bothered to go through a whole new hospital-type procedure and better the devil you know etc etc.

If I thought it wasn't going to make much difference anyway, then I definitely wouldn't bother!

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Noggin,
    I have been on MTX injections for a year now; had been on oral MTx years ago but had to stop due to abnormal LFTs & the horrible nausea/ occasional sickness...

Rheumy started me back on MTX but as injection, as he wanted to use this in a new combo with the Humira that I've been on for four years.

Touch wood I haven't had problems with the MTx inj....so might be worth you reconsidering?
    iris x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I changed to MXT injections after really bad sickness on the tablets, I still get the odd days of sickness but on the whole I am alot better, getting used to injections isn't really a problem, I have them sent to my home, the same company taught me how to do them, really worth reconsidering love Jaspercatxx
  • noggin
    noggin Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the replies dorcas & jaspercat.

Def worth considering if they make a difference. I'm tired of going off certain foods because I associate them with a time when I was feeling nauseous. (or rather my wife is - she says she thinks I may be pregnant!!)
  • steph120786
    steph120786 Member Posts: 66
    Options
    noggin wrote:
    Hi all,

Haven't been on the site for a while and just catching up on posts. I was interested to read the one started by steph120786 (hope your daughter is doing better now with the injections).

I was under the impression that the injections were given solely as an alternative to oral meds as this stopped the sickness altogether. I have been considering switching to this method to prevent my sickly feeling but to be honest, I keep putting off as I feel I can't be bothered to go through a whole new hospital-type procedure and better the devil you know etc etc.

If I thought it wasn't going to make much difference anyway, then I definitely wouldn't bother!

Hiya

My daughter was switched to injections only recently as her arthritis was not controlled by the tablets, but she was on tablets for over a year without being sick once. everything is worth a try looking at all comment everyone is different and its possible that you wouldnt have a nausea, as someone else has said everything get sent home so no messing, take care x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    noggin wrote:
    - she says she thinks I may be pregnant!!)

Just what have you been doing since you last logged in?? ':lol:'':shock:'