up date on me and what welfare lady said

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 21. Nov 2009, 21:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi thought id up date you. The lady from welfare rights came and i have no money they have just stopped it she told me i thought i had 8 wks but no. :(:( :x I only get child tax child benefit and low rate dvla. she told me at first i was not entitled to any money as hub is over means tested rate even though with second morgages as hubs divorced we are not as well off as appears but they dont take it in account. :x
I said carnt i get esa. first she said its the same as this incapacity if youve been turned down for that thats it. then later she agreed it did not sound right i could get no money at all. phoned dla and they said yes i could claim. :roll: :roll: this woman is rpresenting me and she doesnt know :roll:. The lady said it was done over phone. It is not for me big form coming my way :? :roll: .
I also had to get self round pronto to doctor to get sick notes they have been back date to day money stopped and he has put note up till feb.
I have a tribunal to face in new year :cry:
The lady told me she carnt understand why not enough points he has not marked all questions. I told her he did not listen and did not ask all questions she will also say i was not treated well and as i have axiety and panic attacks i should have been listened to and been more easy on and listened to.
My doctors are supporting my claim and she said tell my consultant to send in letter also my optition will support if they write to him also the hospital where i had mri and carpol test will support. :)
I think doctor was shocked they have stopped my money.
The welfare lady told me esa is tuffer to get which i know.
and when i phoned for forms the man thought i would get it no prob. will have to see on this one. nice xmas present i still have more presssies to get owe again on the plasic i think and hope this is only tempery. I have been getting on well before that with problems but having sleep less nights of worry :cry::cry: .
well thats it really happy xmas to you too Gorden Brown thanks for giving me and hubby and all inocent people who are ill a worrying xmas etc while you and parlament enjoy your second homes. duck houses cheers :x :x thanks a bunch well thanks for listening all from joanne
Joanne

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joanne
    DLA is not means tested so you can claim and it doesnt affect any other benefits or claims.It helps you if you get tax credits(they give you a higher rate of tax credits depending on how much DLA you get) and I think it is not counted for council tax purposes.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Hi thought id up date you. The lady from welfare rights came and i have no money they have just stopped it the incapacity benefit that is. I thought i had 8 wks but no. :(:( :x I only get child tax child benefit and low rate dvla now. she told me at first i was not entitled to any money as hub wage .is over means tested rate even though with second morgages as hubs divorced we are not as well off as appears but they dont take it in account. :x
    I said carnt i get ESA. first she said its the same as this incapacity if youve been turned down for that thats it. then later she agreed it did not sound right i could get no money at all. phoned dla and they said yes i could claim. :roll: :roll: this woman is rpresenting me and she doesnt know :roll:. The lady said it was done over phone. It is not for me big form coming my way :? :roll: .
    I also had to get self round pronto to doctor to get sick notes they have been back date to day money stopped and he has put note up till feb.
    I have a tribunal to face in new year :cry:
    The lady told me she carnt understand why not enough points he has not marked all questions. I told her he did not listen and did not ask all questions she will also say i was not treated well and as i have axiety and panic attacks i should have been listened to and been more easy on and listened to.
    My doctors are supporting my claim and she said tell my consultant to send in letter also my optition will support if they write to him also the hospital where i had mri and carpol test will support. :)
    I think doctor was shocked they have stopped my money.
    The welfare lady told me esa is tuffer to get which i know.
    and when i phoned for forms the man thought i would get it no prob. will have to see on this one. nice xmas present i still have more presssies to get owe again on the plasic i think and hope this is only tempery. I have been getting on well before that with problems but having sleep less nights of worry :cry::cry: .
    well thats it really happy xmas to you too Gorden Brown thanks for giving me and hubby and all inocent people who are ill a worrying xmas etc while you and parlament enjoy your second homes. duck houses cheers :x :x thanks a bunch well thanks for listening all from joanne
    Joanne
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Joanne,

What a system! The people who deserve money have to jump through hoops and those who know how to work it get everything going.

I went for my DLA medical on Wednesday and a lot of the people in the waiting room were treating it like a day out, laughing an joking with their mates. I was the only one who seemed nervous.

Good luck, i hope you get the money you desere.

Anne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Joanne
    DLA is not means tested so you can claim and it doesnt affect any other benefits or claims.It helps you if you get tax credits(they give you a higher rate of tax credits depending on how much DLA you get) and I think it is not counted for council tax purposes.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    I have tried to edit the above as its incapacity they are trying to take from me and the money has stopped for that benefit which is my income as dont work the dvla is still ok as i know it is means tested and will be ok just it aint enough to live on i have been advised to appeal and claim the new esa just fingers crossed as i dont feel i could get work now. thanks for reply sorry for confusion joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    annebr wrote:
    Joanne,

What a system! The people who deserve money have to jump through hoops and those who know how to work it get everything going.

I went for my DLA medical on Wednesday and a lot of the people in the waiting room were treating it like a day out, laughing an joking with their mates. I was the only one who seemed nervous.

Good luck, i hope you get the money you desere.

Anne
    Its knowing the right wording to use and like u i am nervous about it and everyone at my medical seemed happy and confidant also they must know how to play it thanks for reply from joanne :D
    Joanne
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, ESA is often turned down on the first medical, but a lot of people get it on appeal. I don't understand why this is, but its just the way they do things. If you appeal, you may well get it. I know how hard it is to fill in those bloody forms, as I've just sent the form in for esa medical. I expect to be turned down, and I will be upset and say I'm not going to appeal but in the end, I suppose I will, my doctor said she will do all she can to help and thinks that I should get it.

Your Doc said that you should get it, then I think you really should appeal. The powers that be want us to give up and manage as best we can, but why should we. So go for it!!! :D Lots of luck, love Sue
  • suncatcher
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, ESA is often turned down on the first medical, but a lot of people get it on appeal. I don't understand why this is, but its just the way they do things. If you appeal, you may well get it. I know how hard it is to fill in those bloody forms, as I've just sent the form in for esa medical. I expect to be turned down, and I will be upset and say I'm not going to appeal but in the end, I suppose I will, my doctor said she will do all she can to help and thinks that I should get it.

Your Doc said that you should get it, then I think you really should appeal. The powers that be want us to give up and manage as best we can, but why should we. So go for it!!! :D Lots of luck, love Sue

thanks sue :D:D
    Joanne
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

This all seems so wrong to me and happening all the time. Will the welfare right lady help you to fill out the forms? I hope so.

I don't know about what best for you to do cus I am self employed and thats a whole load of different problems as well but I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for you. ((( ))) Cris x
  • tillytot41
    tillytot41 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    I got esa when i first applied this year,i had two medicals and now i got to a pathways to work interview once a month but it is so obvious i am far too ill to work.Im now on appeal with DLA as i am determined not to give up with it.You should go for the ESA defo it will be a big help to you.
    Ali xxx
  • suncatcher
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Joanne,

This all seems so wrong to me and happening all the time. Will the welfare right lady help you to fill out the forms? I hope so.

I don't know about what best for you to do cus I am self employed and thats a whole load of different problems as well but I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for you. ((( ))) Cris x

she said i got to fill in forms. Thats to check how you filled em before to check for disrepances. I have had offer off friend but will see about that from joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    tillytot41 wrote:
    I got esa when i first applied this year,i had two medicals and now i got to a pathways to work interview once a month but it is so obvious i am far too ill to work.Im now on appeal with DLA as i am determined not to give up with it.You should go for the ESA defo it will be a big help to you.
    Ali xxx

yes u got to keep going not nice at all but its happening all over will carry on thats for ure support from joanne :D
    Joanne
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    The good news is that the ESA claim form is available online and you can fill in part, save it and go back to it later. You can then complete online and save it at home to print out to be sent off and print another copy to keep as a reminder of what you said.

The bad news is that it is 57 pages long. The real bad news is that it has to be completed within one month of the date it was sent to you.
    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/esa1.pdf

Try not to give up, just keep going.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, When I ran out of sick pay entitlement at work, I rang up the benifits line and spoke to a guy, was very helpful. He explained everything and told me what would happen, then asked if I would like to fill the form in on the phone. I agreed to this, he asked if I had half an hour or so free, then read the questions, explaining them as he went along, if I was unsure. At the end he had to read out a decleration that the information given was truthfully and my answer would be legally binding.

I think they sent me a conformation of the claim and a copy of the form and I had to sign another form and make any changes. I did that and it entered the system with no fuss or bother. That was only a few months ago. Good luck, Sue
  • suncatcher
    Options
    hi just reicieved massive horrible esa form today. Thanks for the advice. I might ring em to see if i could have form filled over phone as the writing is tiring and i dont want to get it wrong and sometimes another person going though form helps as i get worryed filling em in. Im still not sleeping over this i just hope it all turns out ok thanks for your replys joanne
    Joanne