Thank you :)

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 21. Nov 2009, 16:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to this forum and everyone who's offered me fabulous support over the last few weeks. The information was invaluable to me.

I had a rheumatologist appt today. I have been diagnosed with arthritis in my hands, wrists, feet and ankles. I've had lots of blood tests and my RF is negative but other inflammatory markers are consisitently very high. RA is suspected but I was told that because it's in the early stages, it won't show up in blood tests for quite some time. He said, for now, he's calling it inflammatory arthritis. I'm taking co-codamol and ibuprofen for pain relief and I'm going to start hydroxychloroquine too.

In some ways, I'm relieved but I'm quite upset too because I'm only 21. However, off I go, onwards and upwards. :wink:

I've rambled a bit and I really only posted to say thank you. :)

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I am sorry that you may have ra, you are young and I can understand you feeling down. It still may not be 100% certain but even if it is, they have lots of treatments to keep it in check. Things are improving all the time. Also, once you get the diagnosis through, you can start having the treatment and things will be much more back to normal and you may well be a lot less tired. It will take you a while to get used to, thats normal Thinking of you, love Sue :wink:
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi, I am sorry that you may have ra, you are young and I can understand you feeling down. It still may not be 100% certain but even if it is, they have lots of treatments to keep it in check. Things are improving all the time. Also, once you get the diagnosis through, you can start having the treatment and things will be much more back to normal and you may well be a lot less tired. It will take you a while to get used to, thats normal Thinking of you, love Sue :wink:

You're right, it might not be RA. It's definitley inflammatory arthritis but I'm not sure if that's different. :?: More questions to ask at my next appt! One good thing will certainly be getting this sorted and getting my life back on track. I'm trying to see this a positive thing.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,954
    Options
    Hi Princess.
    I'm so sorry that you have arthritis.
    but now you have found this site.
    the people on here are kind and friendly and know how you feel on good and bad days.
    so princess come and enjoy your self.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hi Princess,

Sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with arthritis, but hopefully now they've started you on medication, you will be in less pain.

I'm hurting in the same places as you just now and it's not much fun!

Lois x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi princess,
    welcome to the forum.. glad you're half way to getting a diagnosis but sorry you have inflammatory arther for company!

you seem to have a really positive attitude though which is a good thing.

Just wanted to add my good wishes to that of the rest of the forum. look forward to reading your posts too.
    Iris x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Princess

Glad you have a diagnosis but sorry it had to be arthur. On the up side you should get the meds that will help you have a more normal life. Let us know how you get on.

Love
    Vonski x