EMG/NCS appointment

Options
annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 20. Nov 2009, 17:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had a phone call to tell me I have an appointment on 4th December for this. I remember from a recent thread - Trisher, I think, that EMG is the electromyography, but does anyone know what the other one is?

They're putting all the info in the post for me, but I won't get it until next week and I'm curious...........

Annie

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Is it nuclear scineces one?????
    I think Vonski would know
    Love
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I googled it and its an Nerve conduction test. Its similar to the emt, but its a needle instead of an electrode. Its only a tiny needle, my husband had it to test his foot beause he had a strange feelings in it! He was fine, nothing found and test was 'OK' he said! :lol: Love Sue
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi

I am having this done on the 2nd December.

Joy
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Ohh, 2 days before me - let me know how it goes?

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Annie

one was what you have there which was wires put in my case my fingers arms wrists. They moved them about and you get a mior shock like TENs machine. I had that one. It's alright Annie.

The other one is I cannot remember the name. I go for this next week I think it is They put fine needles into you legs arms ect. Mine will be the hands and fingers.
    It is something to do with the muscle. I think that is where the needles go.

Someone had it done, her hubby. I think it's on my Thread about EMG/NCS.

Annie Google it. You will know then ps Nerve Conduction I just rememberd it.

Trish xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Annie
    When you have the NC one done you have to move about a bit. They put the needles in various places. Is it your legs. The person on my thread said that her hubby had to move about a bit. They move the needles.

I remember she said that he was tired afterwards. I think she said 2 hours. That is all I can remember any more at moment,

Trish xx