hospital doctor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
amethyst
amethyst Member Posts: 30
edited 20. Nov 2009, 12:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
sorry for this rant was at hospital this morning as they stopped my methotrexate in august as i was having problems with my lungs i have had nothing since my doctor got me to see him today it was a waste of time he asked what was wrong told him that i was feeling bad had a look at feet hands knees then said i will write to your doctor he was just not interested in what i was saying as i have been having funny feeling in my fingers and also having problems with my hip he did not even look at it i had to ask what he was putting me on he said leflunomide asked if this was tablet or injection he said tablet isaid i have problem with taking tablets as they make me sick he replied these will be ok i feel i am going back the way giving me leflunomide.
sorry for the rant but have no one i can talk to

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Amethyst,
    No wonder you are having a wee rant! you were treated in an off hand manner without being properly examined or listened to.... so anyone would feel the way you do.

It is very frustrating to be on the receiving end of this kind of attitude but maybe your GP will be more understanding? don't wait too long before going to see him and explain exactly what is happening with your joints.... hope you get some relief tonight from your pain..

Haven't got any magic solutions lovely, but wanted you to know you have support...so keep posting!
    Irisx
  • amethyst
    amethyst Member Posts: 30
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Amethyst,
    No wonder you are having a wee rant! you were treated in an off hand manner without being properly examined or listened to.... so anyone would feel the way you do.

It is very frustrating to be on the receiving end of this kind of attitude but maybe your GP will be more understanding? don't wait too long before going to see him and explain exactly what is happening with your joints.... hope you get some relief tonight from your pain..

Haven't got any magic solutions lovely, but wanted you to know you have support...so keep posting!
    Irisx
    thanks going to see my own doctor next Friday
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Sorry to hear this amethist. :( They took me of metho i was on lower dose as could not take highter due to liver rejecting it. They dropped the dose put me on sulfa then when the sulfa did not work was left with nothing for a bit. I then was given laflunamide. comeing off metho was a shock at time.
    I went down hill fast. The lafludamide worked im now stable. I hope u like lafludamide when u get it . They should tell u and listen to you more.
    Have u had wordwith gp is he more helful put your mind at ease. sometimes gps can explain more and will listen to you and hope fully put your mind at ease they know u better.
    I think my sudden drug changes left me with a period of unease too many changes i felt out of control. :(
    It took time to work my new drug but i like it now but wish they had warned me about metho it lead me to have to leave my collage course as i was to unwell to continue. The metho sure comes out the system quick. come down with bump my confidance went out window because of it. You get reliant on it and i felt frightened about new drugs but ive found lafludamide is good. i hope u get some reasurance from this and your gp will be more helpful and listen to you. I hate it when im not listened to as this disease can leave us frightened and insecure. FROM JOANNE
    ]
    Joanne
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Iris

It's shocking the way you've been treated. You're doing the right thing going to see your GP.

I don't know what else to suggest to help you.

Take care.

Sharmaine