Neck injection for trapped nerve?

Options
welsh_lady
welsh_lady Member Posts: 17
edited 20. Nov 2009, 16:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone,

My wife has asked me to post this message for you.

Has anyone had a steroid injection in the neck for a trapped nerve.

Had it done on Thursday and the pain has hit the roof. Trouble talking, head feels crippled down the left.
Unable to concentrate and taking loads of pain killers.
Its driving me mad the pain level, and I am frightened that it might have made things worst.

I also has arthritis on the spine, bone growths on the C5-C6, and narrowing of the spinal cord.

Phoned the GP on Thursday afternoon and did not get no help, she said that the pain was not linked to the injection, yet we was told that it might be painful for a few days, but did not expect it to be this painful. :( :x

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I have had steroid injections but not in the neck. Sorry I* cannot help with that part.

If she are in that much pain, can you ring A&E at your local hospital or go there?

I don't know if this is just my hospital but the Rheummy gave me a card for out of hours use in an emergency. I do hope that it is the same at all hospitals.

If she is still in pain, and do not have an emergency number to contact. I would go to A&E let them check her out or ring them.

I'm sorry if this is no help to you. I hope she gets sorted soon

love Trisher xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    I agree with Trisher.... you need to seek professional advice

I haven't had a steroid injection in the neck so can't talk from first hand experience, sorry...but... no -one should have to suffer that amount of pain after what should have been a pain relieving injection!

If it's still severe please contact nhs 24 for advice if you don't want to go to A&E...what have you got to lose by telephoning them? ...and you might have a lot to gain...??

Iris X

please let us know how you get on..??!!
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Yes, I agree with the others, that much pain sounds as if you must get help. I'd go to A&E. The neck has so many nerves and it is very important to make sure everything is OK and get treatment if not.

I hope things get better quickly, Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi,

Just agreeing with the others really. I have had the neck injections and it sounds like maybe they have gone too close to the nerves if it is so painful. Its best to get some proper advice though and good luck and I hope it does soon calm down. Take care Cris