sports activities

Options
tjenny54321
tjenny54321 Member Posts: 64
edited 22. Nov 2009, 13:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was talking about how much I enjoyed abseiling to someone recently and they thought I may still be able to take part in this activity. I'm a bit sceptical but thought I'd ask for your opinions anyway. Sometimes people realise the difficulties that illnesses such as R.A causes and suggest the strangest things. anyone else had suggestions of belly dancing or anything if you are affected by illness? A bit of humour for my otherwise serious topic?

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yep - I was asked in all seriousness by a work colleague if I would go with her to a belly-dancing course. I suggested she find someone else (at the time I couldn't put on my socks, let alone find my belly and shake it).
    People are odd...........

Annie
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I was just about to write a reply, sayig no way would I EVER do that when it struck me as absailing and handgliding are slightly different! :oops: Well, it made me laugh. :lol: :oops: :oops:
    Love Sue
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    This topic makes me giggle as I often particpate in sports that regular eople wouldnt do.
    I am determined not to let this arthrtis rule my life and get the better of me. However, this week has been a different story as I have been laid up in bed for a week in pain so no sports for me. When this flare passes I will be back in the gym and planning my next event!! ;)
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    bailey27 wrote:
    This topic makes me giggle as I often particpate in sports that regular eople wouldnt do.
    I am determined not to let this arthrtis rule my life and get the better of me. However, this week has been a different story as I have been laid up in bed for a week in pain so no sports for me. When this flare passes I will be back in the gym and planning my next event!! ;)

Good on you Bailey! That's the spirit!
    I know you have had a rough week, it's great you are planning your next event and staying positive! :D

With regards to the topic, one of my great friends can't understand why I won't come rock climbing with him anymore! haha! It's funny because he is always here visiting and helps me up the stairs, sofa, to make tea, etc but thinks the climbing will do me the world of good!! :lol:

Arna x
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    For my birthday I was giving a padi course for diving,
    DER!!!!1
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Gosh Debbierose, that would have been so nice to be able to do too!
    People can be funny can't they!! :lol: