Where are you sitting?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 22. Nov 2009, 17:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I use a laptop computer so I can move it around the house, but this is where I am at the moment.

I am sitting in a bedroom which we use as a study/office/ spare bedroom. Down one side of the room, there is a bookcase full of books, a filing cabinet, and a computer table with another computer and printer. In front of me is a shelf with my OH's collection of paper weights, which are never used as paper weights, and some photos of the kids when they were young. To my left, is my OH's flute. He is having lessons and is getting quite good.

Behind me, are bunk beds which are used for visitors. A big teddy sits on the top one, and a fluffy, bird-like string puppet hangs from the corner, looking a bit forlorn.

I am sitting on a big comfy swivel chair on a cushion, and I keep swinging form side to side as I type

There is a big window in the room, and I can see fields and woods beyond the rooftops.

Where are you sitting?

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    On my ar$e in a very similar setup to yours.

Desktop PC on a solid wood computer desk with cupboards and shelves full of odd & sods. A bookcase to the left with more man stuff, can't see out of the window as the blinds are down but if they were open my view would the houses opposite.

Hi Delboy

We all have cupboards and shelves full of odds and sods, don't we? I didn't like to mention that I was sitting on my backside ( slightly more polite word for a lady to use :!: ) I don't like to draw attention to it :!: :shock:

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thank you, Delboy

That's just what a girl needs to hear :!: :!: :lol:
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    I'm sitting perched like a bird..(.big bird from sesame street rather than large hippo, delboy) on a chair in my son's room in front of his pc...he is not living at home any more so in meantime have access to his comp..

I don't have pc of my own at home yet. ..how sad is that? ':(' but my nephew -who works for a large pc company is getting me one soon ':D'

So I'm surrounded by my son's books, music etc (he's a really good guitar player) ....

my cat smudge is trying to climb on my lap and digging her claws into my leg..ouch!! iris x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Well when I can get on it I'm on a wifi laptop in front of the TV,I have a cofession though it's now 13.11hr's and I've only just got up as I have a nasty virus at the mo so I feel like, well pooh!. :cry:
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I have a laptop too, I am currently sitting in the front room, on my recliner chair, half watching an antique programe on the tv, just chilling out today love Jaspercatxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Well when I can get on it I'm on a wifi laptop in front of the TV,I have a cofession though it's now 13.11hr's and I've only just got up as I have a nasty virus at the mo so I feel like, well pooh!. :cry:

look after yourself today mellman!

feet up, warm drinks and the forum...best TLC you can get ':mrgreen:'
    x hope you feel better tomorrow ':)'
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I'm sitting in the kitchen/diner which is also the computer room! It's a very large room, all our rooms are enormous as this is an old building.
    Behind me is the window with a lovely view of torrential rain.

Annie
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hi Joan.
    My sister Sue and i are sitting in our kitchen dinner with our laptops on tables side by side me on a cushion on a kitchen chair sue in her wheelchair.
    the kitchen is 17 ft by 12 and a half.
    we are in a bungalow.
    the dogs are in here as well.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    I'm lying on our 2 seater sofa with my legs hanging over the arm
    and my head supported by one of those foam cushions £9.00 from pund strecter its lush and comfy. had a poor morning after worrying about the lady with the pug with a bad eye. and now I read my Nemesis Melly man is poorly (Bless) explains his weird post the other day. no beauty and no god indeed defo had a temperature.
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    Options
    in my lounge,on the sofa with my laptop on my knees. watching my hubby doing his podcast radio, and i have just done an advert for Arthritis Care !!! I am alos going between site and kitchen as its my turn to cook, dont mind doing roasts as you dont have to stand over them.
    thinking about popping in a dvd.
    Sally.xxxx :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, everyone. I've got a nice picture in my mind of you all now.

Joan