electric lobotomy

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 22. Nov 2009, 16:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
It was Marks who said religion is the opiate of the masses so does that make TV the an electric lobotomy for them, I’m not lumping educational TV in with this but shows like the X factor and a lot of the soaps, what gets me is I end up watching X factor by order of the mini me war office i.e. my daughter and I don’t even complain in fact I watched the whole thing last night!, what does worry me is I keep getting the urge to go and get a shell suit and a tattoo and a perm, I’ve even got the urge to get a Staffordshire bull terrier and call it Adolph!, is this normal u know wot I mean!, oh me god my vocabulary is also going NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, init?.

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ':lol:'':lol:'':lol:'
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    ..........and I read Jane Austen and Gene Stratton-Porter (I comfort read), never watch telly and rarely read a paper.
    OH loves all the soaps, and the Star Trek thingy, reads his paper avidly and is glued to about 3 different news bulletins a day all telling the same doom and gloom.
    Neither of us has to do what the other is doing..................and anyway, along with Rehab, I can't see it matters a damn!

Annie
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    In full, translated from the original German: "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people."

This is probably the best-known quotation by Karl Marx, the German economist and Communist political philosopher, taken from a Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right, 1843.
    k030.gif

As someone said recently, "Television is the new opium of the masses". Has this been replaced by the Internet or soon to be more common Media Centre? Deconstruction on a postcard, erm sorry, Facebook page.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh how simple it would be rehab but I have no control over the remote and like I said in me post I now find myself watching it!, and in the great scheme of things yes it matters as I think the human species is diverging into at least two sub groups as your mate fat Kev said a few weeks back and one of em has activated the dorment neanderthal gene.
    Mind you there is a really big concern with all of this, and that’s this, we humans have been transmitting RF signals for around 60 odd years, now that’s time enough for those signals to leak into deep space far enough to reach our local galactic neighbours so if just if an alien space craft was passing somewhere within this 50 light year area and they just happen to be listening in they will be able to direction find us, so if their capable of intergalactic space travel and they pick up the rubbish pumped out these day’s we could well be in the pooh, I mean what conclusions would you come to!?. And if they were that advanced they would probably have as much regard for our welfare as a drunk has for a kebab!, who was said speak softly and carry a big stick was it Roosevelt??, anyway today crop circles tomorrow total world domination and it’s good night to all of us, and don’t try and tell me different mate I’ve seen far to many sci fi films trust me their out there Mel Gibson knows just ask him, just remember this, swing away Merrill it’s very important!.
  • livinglegend
    Options
    Hmm, interesting thought.

The days of these unintentional broadcasts, started all those years ago by Marconi, may be numbered. New technology, in the form of low-power digital broadcasting and directional satellite transmissions, may result in our neighbours suddenly seeing the signals stop. Were this to happen, it may seem to them that some sort of disaster had befallen the Earth.

But spare a thought for the beleaguered inhabitants of a planet near the star 47 Ursa Majoris. Not only has it been sent two METI, (Messaging to Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) signals, but it was also the target of the first interstellar commercial on 12 June, 2008, when an advertisement for Doritos tortilla chips was zapped at it by a radar array at the EISCAT European space station.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A38715690

If that doesn't keep them away nothing will.
    g105.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • livinglegend
    Options
    have you been awall ?? havent seen you posting for ages :wink:
    Been a bit busy recently, I will post an update soon. But thank you for the thought.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oi give me back me thread no more intergalatic adverts or flippin marks and flippin spencers(OK I gotted it spelt wrong I do av flu you know) look they are out there hidding in th Ort belt and they know where we are as I said ask Mr Gibbson ye gods you lot are going to look silly when you end up a Alien kebab just remeber you have been warned!

AND REMEMBER THIS, SWING AWAY MERIL, oh and they don't like water either!.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh dear Mell

DOOMED :!: DOOMED :!: WE'RE ALL DOOMED :!: :!:

I don't want to be an Alien kebab :!: :!: :shock: :shock:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Oh dear Mell

Joan

Too late Joan they are already here,one's living in me coal shed!, mind you he don't half like Special Brew he also smells bad and is very hairy for an alien,his names Ralph you know, he say's he's an intergalatic gentlman of the road!.
  • annie_mial
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Oh dear Mell

Joan

Don't think an Alien would want an RA kebab...............on second thoughts, it might be a delicacy out there...............

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    can some one please explain to me wtf this is about ! :lol:
    See above, buggered if I know :D

Flippin aliens rehab aliens there everywhere the lizard men are here watch out for the theatens!
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Melly, Have you taken too many tablets love?........Ange.
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I was wondering if he'd taken any at all......it's all right, boy, just take it easy......

Annie
  • livinglegend
    Options
    "Swing away Merrill. Merrill... swing away" is a quote from the film Signs, 2002. Stars, Mel Gibson.

A family living on a farm finds mysterious crop circles in their fields which suggests something more frightening to come.

In the film Merrill was a baseball player who would just swing at every ball that was thrown at him, which meant that he held the strikeout record. If he didn't swing at everything he would not have had so many misses.
    r020.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif