DIET

Options
debbierose
debbierose Member Posts: 403
edited 23. Nov 2009, 13:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
helloo ALL
a few weeks ago some kind person offered to help with diets and excercise does any one know who it was
they were proffesional and sounded really keen to help

I need help to move this fat.
after seeing photos of my self last weekend I'm shocked at the size of me won't be helping thepains in me back and legs so fat has got to go. plus there is a new blonde down the stables who thinks my oh is her personal man friday.

Comments

• debbierose
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    debbierose wrote:
    helloo ALL
    a few weeks ago some kind person offered to help with diets and excercise does any one know who it was
    they were proffesional and sounded really keen to help

I need help to move this fat.
    after seeing photos of my self last weekend I'm shocked at the size of me won't be helping thepains in me back and legs so fat has got to go. plus there is a new blonde down the stables who thinks my oh is her personal man friday.
    Re; the blonde..lead with your left and put all your weight behind the right, the object being to knocke her face into the next county, dunno nuffin about weight loss, but I do love a full bodied woman, at least you look like a woman and not a stick insect

now I know why I love you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Debbie

I am trying to lose some weight too. I didn't think you looked overweight on the photos. I thought you looked beautiful, but we are always critical of ourselves.

I think I said to you recently to try to educate your eating for life, not just to go on a diet because they don't work.I am trying to be conscious of portion size, cutting out processed junk food, sugar etc. and eating fresh fruit and vegetables as much as possible. I do like a glass of wine,so won't deprive myself entirely, but not too much alcohol is another thing.

I wasn't the professional person you mentioned. This is just what I'm doing. I also go to an exercise class, and I'm starting swimming as well.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Debbie

I remember your post a while back but can't remember who gave you the advice... not very helpful, I know.

As for this blonde bint, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about - your OH does come home to you every day after all

Nx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It was Bailey27 who offered to help.I have been PM Bailey about diet for past couple of months.Bailey is currently going through a flare-up.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight. I was 16.12 week ago today when I saw my Balance Nurse at my GP's surgery. I am doing it through her and my GP.
    So far, I have lost 4lbs. Yesterday it was 3 1/2 lbs, I suppose that's not bad in a week
    It is going to be very difficult for me to lose weight I think and of course, Christmas is just over the hill.
    She advised me to try swimming - I use to swim up to 44 lengths of an evening once. How I wish. When I remember back to those days, I experienced pain in my knees and ankles then. Must be all of 30 years ago now. I don't want to go swimming because I am embarrassed about the way i look. I can't walk very far either, about 10 steps and I'm seizing up. I have an exercise ball and weights. Keep forgetting to use them.

I've tried Weightwatchers, not for me. I remember going to one once and every week she had different scales. One set even weighed 10lbs more than my own at home. The next week a different set would weigh 6lbs less. I am going to stick with my surgery. If I can prove that I can lose the weight then I think they give you the magic pill. Could have done with that last night! I think all the medication messes about with your matabulism. (can't spell either I fear.)
    Good luck to you all.

Joy
  • debbierose
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Thanks Deb, I was quite good at boxing in my younger days

so was I a left paw infact, my father was a boxer and ran afew stables Its funny seeing joe bunger on tv now he was one of the boxers who my father drank with,
  • debbierose
    Options
    I am detremined to lose weight I'm not going to weigh myself I'm going to keep losing weight until I'm back to a 12/14 size instead of this bulk of fat and grizzle size of 18/20

kepp me going friends I'm going to need you last night was difficult for all sorts of reasons. and I eat a bowl of cereal at 3.30 this morning and a cream cracker. I've had cereal again this morning. but I'm about to go to the park with Dexter Doodle so that will help.
    lol
    You have to tell me if I lose heart.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Debbie

We will have to stick at it together. I haven't weighed myself for a while because I don't want to get obsessed with it, but today I discovered that I have lost half a stone since I last weighed myself approx a month ago.

I am trying to eat three healthy meals a day, watch the portion size, and not eat in between meals. It seems to be working. I was size 12 for years too. Now I would be happy with 14.

Joan
  • debbierose
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Debbie

We will have to stick at it together. I haven't weighed myself for a while because I don't want to get obsessed with it, but today I discovered that I have lost half a stone since I last weighed myself approx a month ago.

I am trying to eat three healthy meals a day, watch the portion size, and not eat in between meals. It seems to be working. I was size 12 for years too. Now I would be happy with 14.

Joan
    joan you are doing great, keep it up girlie and we will be christmas fairies in little red skirts and long boots. and that magic wand I put down and can't find.
    joan I think you are a lovely lovely person. you do give me the voice of reason when I read your posts.
    your a treasure.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Debbie

Thank you, Debbie, that was very kind of you. I think we will form a mutual appreciation society, as well as a slimming society :!:

Joan