my 3 year old is constantly on and off steroids

Options
elviswife
elviswife Member Posts: 12
edited 22. Nov 2009, 19:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
my then 2 year old year old daughter was diagnosed in feb this year, she has poly arthritis.
since then she has had the steroid drip twice, all her joints injected, and she is on and off steroids all the time. as soon as the steroids stop, within 2-3 weeks shes in pain again and has to go back on steroids. she is on calpol and nurofen every day. she should have had joints done again last month but then she had a bad flare up, went on steroids, then dr said cos her joints had gone down she doesnt need joints doin. but if she wasnt on steroids for flare up, she would have had joints done again. does any one have any advice, is this normal treatment? dont get me wrong docs and nurses hav been great, im just a bit not sure.just please help.

Comments

• elviswife
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh lord how dreadfull for you to see her suffer like this,its not right or fare , i have no advice hun just no we are here for a chat anytime jan xxxx

thanks for that.xx
    i think its the not knowing what to do to help her. went to a party last nite, she danced to 3 songs, but all last nite was crying in pain, not sure what to do. im going to phone hosp 2mrw.
  • elviswife
    Options
    being that she is so young its hard to know what is normal, bless her for 3 dances and then she had to suffer for it, hard to tell a toddler that they must slow down , you must be exusted .

its been a bit of a year. my son was born in feb too, husband had back op. also a 9 year old. I just keep going. :)
  • elviswife
    Options
    have you tried the help line on here, they would no a hell of alot more than us ;)x
    not thought sbout that 1 yet, maybe i try to phone 2mrw.x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi there

It must be heartbreaking for you to see your little one like this. I am so sorry that I have no advice to give you but I really do think that a call to the helpline would be very beneficial to you. It is confidential and it is often much easier to talk one to one than on an open forum. I have not used this service myself but the feedback is excellent from people who have done so.

I believe that a problem shared is a problem halved.

I do hope that tomorrow is a better day for you all.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.