Let's all plan something for Christmas

Options

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have some beautiful silver snowmen that we can decorate you with, Trish. They haven't been used for several years now, but I'll have a rummage and find them for you.

What's all this about a Christmas market? I don't think I've ever been to one - been to Christmas fairs and thingies and seen Santa in the grotto several times, but what's different about a market?

Annie
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Oh guys, with working a 40hrs week i'm going to need some help arranging all this.........any offers?

Yeah the Christmas decs would be very helpful those who have any spare.

Do we have a coach driver in the house?

Oh, and maybe someone to make a Christmas cake? I can knit and sew, but cooking............ :shock:

Rehab, i think you should get your little black book in order as soon as........don't want any of these wimmen disappointed, just make sure i'm 1st! :lol:

Any suggestions on the Christmas market? I haven't found anywhere that's holding one yet.

Gosh, there's so much to organise :shock:

Carol X
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    :lol: kate !! been a long time since i wore stockings ,maybe we should all treat ourselves for crimbo !! :lol:

Jan, don't let Rehab read that. He'll get completely over- excited :!: :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • carol101
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    :lol: kate !! been a long time since i wore stockings ,maybe we should all treat ourselves for crimbo !! :lol:

Jan, don't let Rehab read that. He'll get completely over- excited :!: :lol:

Joan

Ladies, you want to be careful of the mistletoe too. I have heard a little rumour that when Rehab asks for a kiss under the mistletoe, it isn't hanging on the ceiling :shock:

Carol X
  • annie_mial
    Options
    My OH would get a surprise if I wore a skirt let alone a pair of hold-ups! MMmmmmm now there's a thought!

Annie
  • maccajo
    maccajo Member Posts: 47
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    ninakang wrote:
    Did someone say party? Sounds good to me :-)

Nx

We're celebrating Christmas throughout the whole of December, think we deserve it X

oo,oo,oo
    Do we all buy prezzi's? I've got yours carol ... tenna ladies for your excited leeks!!! :lol:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 26. Nov 2009, 16:21
    Options
    Annie you can use your silver snowman, I'll be the only one who has more MEN on my arms than anyone.

Just make sure I have man fairies on the top of the tree :shock:

trish,,who now cannot wait to dress her tree dress :)
  • trisher
    Options
    Ladies, you want to be careful of the mistletoe too. I have heard a little rumour that when Rehab asks for a kiss under the mistletoe, it isn't hanging on the ceiling :shock:

Carol

There is more than Rehabs mistletoe that hanging :shock:

trisher xxx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Yes prefer the hold-ups meself as I can't do up the fasteners on the other ones- even worse I can't undo them!!!!
  • annie_mial
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Annie you can use your silver snowman, I'll be the only one who has more MEN on my arms and places else where which I won't mention.

There's 15 of them, Trish. You will be the best dressed lady Christmas tree ever..................and I'll check they're all snowMEN first!

Annie
  • trisher
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    trisher wrote:
    Annie you can use your silver snowman, I'll be the only one who has more MEN on my arms and places else where which I won't mention.

Man fairies?????? :shock: Would Graham Norton fit on your tree?

Rehab

No he bloody wouldn't. I meant I'm a girl and I don't want to be stuck under some other girls dress. :shock:

What would the neighbours think :roll: me looking up some girls dress.

Besides if it was a man I might see something I've never seen before.

Trish xxx who can only hope now xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

What's all this about a Christmas market?

There's one every year in BRUM

It amuses me to see people buying packets of sweets they could get from the newsagent in the same street for half the price. :roll:

Can we not have some dried out old bird for Xmas lunch please.

Hi Delboy
    I've been to that one. It's brilliant. When is it this year.
    We've got to go. And the shops are lovely

Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    Does anyone remember work and the Secret Santas?

I use to be in charge of that For some reason I always use to be out of pocket, because at the last minute, someone would be away and not brought their gift for the brantub. I always use to bring some extras just in case, thus, out of pocket.

Whose doing the disco? any volunteers.
    And who is in charge of the games.
  • joyful164
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    trisher wrote:

Man fairies?????? :shock: Would Graham Norton fit on your tree?

Rehab

No he bloody wouldn't. I meant I'm a girl and I don't want to be stuck under some other girls dress. :shock:

What would the neighbours think :roll: me looking up some girls dress.

Besides if it was a man I might see something I've never seen before.

Well for a long time anyway.

Trish xxx who can only hope now xx
  • trisher
    edited 26. Nov 2009, 16:20
    Options
    There is this place in either Maidstone, or Tonbridge Wells, Kent.

Every year about 3 weeks from Christms they have this market, The road is all Olde Worlde. The locals all dress up in costumes long dresses.

The shops are decorated up, they have 2 snowmachines, At about 5/6 in the evening, they all gather in the town square by the decorated tree and sing Carols, with the snow falling. It is amazing I have never seen anything like that

Trish xxx
  • carol101
    Options
    maccajo wrote:
    carol101 wrote:
    ninakang wrote:
    Did someone say party? Sounds good to me :-)

Nx

We're celebrating Christmas throughout the whole of December, think we deserve it X

oo,oo,oo
    Do we all buy prezzi's? I've got yours carol ... tenna ladies for your excited leeks!!! :lol:

How about secret santa?
  • carol101
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    There is this place in either Maidstone, or Tonbridge Wells, Kent.

Every year about 3 weeks from Christms they have this market, The road is all Olde Worlde. The locals all dress up in costumes long dresses.

The shops are decorated up, they have 2 snowmachines, At about 5/6 in the evening, they all gather in the town square by the decorated and sing Carols, with the snow falling. It is amazing I have never seen anything like that

Trish xxx

Maybe we could get hold of a snow machine for our Carol singing on Christmas Eve? That would be excellent!

Carol X
  • carol101
    Options
    snow machine!!! now hang on i want the real thing !!!! :lol:

That would be nice but no guarantees :mrgreen:

Carol X
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    Does anyone remember work and the Secret Santas?

I use to be in charge of that For some reason I always use to be out of pocket, because at the last minute, someone would be away and not brought their gift for the brantub. I always use to bring some extras just in case, thus, out of pocket.

Whose doing the disco? any volunteers.
    And who is in charge of the games.

Hi Joy,

We still do Secret Santa at work and as I start back in the middle of next week I'll probably have to get it organised. That is, once I've worked my way through rather a lot of e-mails.

This year we've decided that the gift has to be bought from one of the many charity shops - cost £5 and another £5 to a charity which has still to be decided. As long as I don't receive a pair of knickers that some kind soul has donated!!

Despite what I said in a previous post, I feel I'm actually starting to enjoy the prospect of Christmas this year. I think it's because I've been off work and had more time to plan things.

Pheebs x
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hi Del.

I doubt that I will go. Mainly because I can't walk round that well now. Sometimes I get excited about doing something I want to do and then realise. I don't think I can do that anymore.
    Everything I try to do these days includes trying to find toilets every five minutes because of my medication.

I don't normally buy much. I just love the atmosphere, the colours and lights. You can just go from stand to stand trying food.

And now, well I miss the girls at work this time of year. I use to like going along to the Childrens' Department and help with wrapping up the presents for the children who would be in care.

In our department, it use to be a mad rush to ensure all the vulnerable old people were going to be looked after, even if it mean't getting them into respite. For those staying at home, Ordering their meals. Very difficult when the Meals on Wheels department had a cut off date long before Christmas for ordering. These staff seem to just think about themselves to make sure they didn't have to do any overtime at Christmas. There is always an out of hours team of course. Anyway, I am rambling. I shall pop in and take their cards. Hopefully find out when they have their Christmas do and get an invite maybe. :wink::wink:

joy
  • trisher
    Options
    snow machine!!! now hang on i want the real thing !!!! :lol:

Jan

please have the machine. I went out to the ambulance today and they started really hurting. It was if I had been out when it is freezing and you go inot the warm and it makes your fingers really hurt.

Please settle for the machine.

Trish xxx
  • carol101
    Options
    I've just discovered a 8ft blow up snowman in my garage. I'd forgotten about him. He lights up too!

I trust there is enough room for him at the Cane and Able?

Carol X
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    All I’ve got in mind is a quick hobble to our local then home to a nice log fire in my log burner, the wife and nipper close by and my two dogs a kip by the fire after feasting on all the Chrimbo dinner scraps, I don’t want any prezzies just a bottle of gin and a one of tonic, and that’s me sorted. We don’t get presents for the adults just the kids and that’s us sorted. :mrgreen:
  • trisher
    Options
    Jan

It might be feezing, can you cope with the cold????

You might catch a cold. Have a snow machine for this, if it does snow nearer Christmas, you can still sing carols.

There best of both worlds.

trish xxx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I dunno about anyone else, but I can't cope with the cold at all. I go out with so many layers on I look like the Michelin man (I look like a small version of him, anyway) and I still freeze.
    I've got thermal socks, gloves, trousers - thermal everythings! And I'm still cold.

Annie