Still suffering

Options
tillytot41
tillytot41 Member Posts: 48
edited 24. Nov 2009, 19:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry guys am still here suffering,have been having horrid sweats today and my heart is thumping away in my ears and the pain in my wrists and feet is nasty.Seeing doc in the morning just hoping he can review my meds as he has had me reducing the steroids but the pain is so bad!!!!I have to go to my sons parent teacher meeting at 4 not even sure i can do it but am going to try,i have no energy whatsoever and im also really itchy which i think might be a side effect of the steroids.Im too frightened to call the rheumy clinic to ask to be seen earlier as im sure they will say no,i just dont know what to do as they havent properly diagnosed me yet,i ust feel like this has gone on and on and its just getting worse and worse.:(
Ali

Comments

• bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You should phone them!!!
    Make sure you get seen, you can't go on like you are and from present experience you jsut never know how long this is goig to go on for.
    You can't let it rule your life.
    The worse thing they can say is no, but unless you phone them you definately won't get seen.
    Can you get an emergancy oappointment with your GP and get him / her to contact the rheumy dept and get you seen. That is what y GP did for me end of last week and I am getting seen tuesday.
  • tillytot41
    Options
    But my appt with rheumy is a week tomorrow they will just say i have to wait im probably making a mountain out of a molehill and am not as bad as i think i am.I hate making a fuss,will see what doc says in the morning.They dont seem to want to go out of their way for me really,there must be alot more iller people than me.
    Ali xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Sometimes a few words of comfort make all the differance, but its up to you. Love Sue
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi Tillytot4
    It's awful when you feel like you are being a nuisance, you are not. The more you fret about it the worse you will be. Your GP is there to reassure you and you are not making a nuisance of yourself. That's what your Rheumy is there for aswell. Ring his secretary if you are worried and they will come back and reassure aswell.
    If you are having some funny side affects to your medication, they need to know about it. So go on, get it sorted asap. That's wht the instructions say on your medication anyway.

Hope you feel better and a bit calmer soon.

Hugs from Joy
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Ali

Please ring them! You shouldn't have to suffer like this. It sounds as if you need help asap. Don't delay phone!!!!

I hope you feel much better soon.

Sharmaine
  • tillytot41
    Options
    Hello again all.Saw doc today,not alot he could do about getting me seen quicker and didnt want to give me anymore pain medication as he said he needs the consultant to see me at my worse.I can take more steroids if i want to until the weekend but he was worried about any side effects which in turn worried me so im going to try and cope.
    My friend has taken me to get my pug today from Bristol and the journey has exhausted me,my head is spinning.Thankfully my pug is doing ok even with one blind eye but it does look pretty horrible,its bright pink where she has had a graft put over it.She s got to have lots of eye drops but as she is such a nightmare and the vet could see how ill i was,i nearly fainted while holding her while vet tried to put drops in so vet said if i cant do it i cant do it.Then she says i need to take pug back to bristol next week so she can be checked!!!! I cant see how im going to do it as my friend is working and theres no one else to take me.
    Also my daughter is still ill with gastritus so doc wants to see us bioth on thrusday,he thinks she is stressed because im so ill and also the dog but she had this before i was ill.
    I feel like im dealing with so much at the moment,theres more but i wont go into it.My head is spinning.
    Sorry just needed to offload a bit.
    Ali xxx
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Hi Alli,

Gosh you have alot ot deal with at the moment. Hang in there, it will get better. I am glad you went to your doctor, it's a shame you have to wait for more pain relief until you see the rheumy. It is a good idea for them to see the full extent of what is going on with you, however I know it will be tough going waiting for the appointment.

I hope your daughter gets well too. And your pug.

I wish I lived closer so I could offer to help you in some way but instead I will have to send you hugs.

Take care for now. Let us know how you are getting on.

Arna x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Ali,

sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.

I don't know all the ins and outs of your problems as been away for a few days, but I just wanted to say that when I was on steroids I had lots of hot sweats and I felt quite 'manic' and full of energy and not being able to sleep. The steroids seem not to agree with me in that way, but they did help my joints :? so that was a bit galling. My side effects went away when I stopped the steroids.

hope you get some help with the rheumy appointment. IF you get worried before then, then do ring the GP surgery again and explain how dest=perate you are.

sending you hugs (((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    HI Ali
    I do think you have loads on too :shock:
    I really hope that you get some help at rheumy's next week - in the meantime hang on in there.
    Bet you are glad to have you dog back - I am sure she will be fine and you WILL get some of the drops in. Good luck at the DRs on thursday.
    Take care
    Toni x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Can only echo what the others have put on, but lots of (((()))) to you. You are having a rough time!

Annie
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    wish there was somthing i could do to help you hun

Hi Ali. sorry your not feeling any better, dont worry about your dog it will get better have you phoned the rhummey clinic if not ry and do it tomorrow, please.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello,
    I hope you soon get the medicatation sorted. Sorry you'r having such a rough time of it. The weather dosn't help! :wink:
    Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi,

I am so sorry to read your post and hope things will get easier for you soon. You are probably right as your appointment is not too far away and I really hope they will be able to help you very quickly.

I hope you can get some help with your dog as well. Have you got a Dogs Trust or local rescue near who may be able to help with the eye drops and poss transport? I wish I was nearer but if you have a small independent rescue near by they may be able to give you a hand if you explain it all to them. I really do hope things will soon improve. Take care Cris x