Neck pain

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 23. Nov 2009, 19:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm going to the hand clinic tomorrow, for my carpel tunnel review.

Today I felt all morning as if my left and kept dropping things and was very culmsy. Also, I have a hot, stabbing sort of pain in my left shoulder I know I have an osteophate on the nerve at, I think c4 c5 c6, my other joints, well some of them are swollen and some are red and I feel unwell generally. I do a few neck exercises my physio gave me and I've been trying to push them a bit harder. I also feel tired out! Love Sue

Comments

• chinablue
    chinablue Member Posts: 48
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sue, :D
    I don't know if you read my thread sometime ago about my neck pain i think you did as i remember you answered it i can appeciate how you must be feeling I am also suffering still myself i have RA and OA. I am on lots of different tabs but the one they use for this type of neck pain is usally gabapentine (dont know if i spelt that right) :lol: but if you are already on this and it is not working they should send you for an MRI as you may need an op thats what happened to me (still waiting for op date) but i say anything that may take this pain away is worth having a go at. I think at this stage even if they said i need my head removing i might say ok :lol:
    But in all seriousness you should go and see your gp and tell them about this problem. Hope you are feeling much better soon take care and get plenty of rest sending you gentle hugs CB :wink:
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I've forgotten Woodbon, have you had your CPS op or waiting for it?

I think all visits to whatever Clinic are exhausting. I get nervous and uptight, fear of not getting my problems across in the short time I am given.
    are you are anxious that maybe the operation has not done the trick
    I had my elbow immobilised for 6 weeks Ihad a very painful tennis elbow.
    After the plaster was taken off, I was still in pain and very clumsy from the July right up to the November of that year, 1977. We were having a heat wave at the time and I remember that plaster was murder. I was very upset thinking that my pain would never go away. But then suddenly, it was gone

It has come back now though, but not so bad. I use to play a mean game of darts before I had it.

Joy
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Good luck at the appointment tomorrow
    Sue.

Sorry to hear you have a lot of pain and problems.

Hopefully you can get some help and things will be sorted soon.
    Love Kath xx
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Sue

Sounds like you are having lots of problems right now and they do need sorting out. Make an appointment with your Dr. or Rheumy if you have one and see what they say. You could always mention it tomorrow but they might not know much about necks. Hope your appointment goes well and you get some relief soon.

Love
    Vonski x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Oh Sue :(
    Poor you :(
    Maybe you will mention it tomorrow? Good luck with the apt
    Love
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, Thank you for your lovely, careing responses. I have had an MRI and they found an osteophate C4, C5 C4&7 are affected and the nerve is impinged, the physio told me. I also have slow release tramadol. They help, the ordinary tramadol didn't last very long so the pain clinic changed me to a 12 hour tablet x2 daily which are much better. I'v had the left carpel tunnel op and that has stopped most to the tingling at night but not the pain, which is arthritis in my wrists, I am going tomorrow to see if I want treatment on the right side, last time I put it off! :oops: But that isn't so painful, although they said the nerve has more damage! The last couple of weeks its started to go the same way as the left and I think they will give me steroid injection to start of with.

Today my neck is really bad and the pain and numbness has spread to my fingers, which are being very clumsy and I am dropping everything and anything, even a cup of the hurts to hold. Add to that my left hip is joining in and my wrists and fingers are swollen and sore.

I saw my GP last week, as things had started getting worse, and she looked at my hands and ordered blood tests and a DEXTA scan which I'm having on Friday. As I'm about 25 years since loosing my overies in surgery, (even I am not that careles). Hopefully that will be OK as I've had HRT since then. Anyway, I am being looked after very well, no complaints, its just me, and some increase in the pain level with a few new joints thrown in!

Thanks for listening to the moaning, I'm sorry I think today I'm just not so good, but tomorrows another day!

LOve Sue :wink:
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Sue, if the numbness in your fingers persists you should go back to doc. Best to get it checked early. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Deb x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Sue

Sorry to hear that you've been in pain. Perhaps you should get an appointment to see your GP???

I don't know what to suggest. I get a lot of pain in my shoulder and I just take an extra amitriptline at night if it gets really bad, and smother it with deep heat. I also use a heat pad. I'm not sure if using heat or deep heat on your neck is a good idea though.

Fingers crossed you'll get some relief soon.

Sharmaine
  • woodbon
    Options
    Thanks very much everyone, I really apprieciate the replies, I see the plastic surgeon about my carpel tunnel tomorrow. I had the TENs on for an hour this evening and thats helped along with some heat. I felt really ill at lunchtime - the pain just wouldn't go and started to make me feel sick. I have a feeling that its all comeing from the nerve in my neck. The pain and loss of usuful hand made the other aches and pains seem worse! I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow. I think it will be a steroid injection, for the cts. Can't type too well, sorry. lots of love Sue
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Good luck with your appointment tomorrow Sue..
    hope you get some relief from the awful pain.':('
    Iris x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

I am sorry to read your post, it seems you are really going through the mill just now. I hope it goes well tomorrow and you get some rest from the neck pain very soon. I wish I knew what to say but glad you are being looked at. Luv and very gentle ((( ))) Cris x