Knee operation finally over!

Options
soozyquoo
soozyquoo Member Posts: 28
edited 23. Nov 2009, 14:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey girls and guys!!
Finally had my total knee replacement operation on 13th November, came home on Tuesday. Have to say it wasn't as bad as expected! Pain wise was pretty dire first few hours but the morphine helped!
Bloody exercises were the worst, really difficult when your muscles haven't been used in a while.
Managed to get out for a drive today with my boyfriend, was lovely, sitting in car watching the world go by!
Still in pain but taking each day as it comes, hey hopefully will feel the full benefit in a couple of weeks time!
love Soozy
:P

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Soozy!
    Well done you. Think that sounds really good.
    I wish you a continued and speedy recovery :)
    Love
    Toni x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi soozy

Very pleased for you that all has gone well. I know what you mean about the exercises. :roll: The pain does eventually go, take it from me!! Do as you are told and all will be well!

Wishing you the very best. Do let us know how you go on.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Soozy

Glad your knee operation went so well. I'm hoping mine will be done within the next couple of months. They said the waiting time is 15-18 weeks (for me 15 weeks is mid January).

Glad you're getting out and about - how many days were you in hospital?

Take care.

Sharmaine
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi Soozy

Glad your knee operation went so well. I'm hoping mine will be done within the next couple of months. They said the waiting time is 15-18 weeks (for me 15 weeks is mid January).

Glad you're getting out and about. You didn't have to stay in too long - they must have been pleased with your progress!

Take care.

Sharmaine
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi. Soozy - glad it's all gone well and you are getting out and about. Take it easy - be kind to yourself!

Annie
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Soozy

Glad everything has gone so well, after the physio you should feel better still :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    HI Soozy

Glad to hear the op went well.

wont be long before you are back up to
    full strength.

Love Kath xx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    it's great to hear your doing well, but yes take it easy, give yourself plenty of time to rest when needed!
    sorry, do i sound like a bossy matron?!!!
    i'm really glad you're home and recovering well!
    sue x