GP Visit today

Options
jaspercat
jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
edited 24. Nov 2009, 15:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, I went to the gp today for a flu jab, so I saw the nurse and it was like the spanish inquisition, she told me to have a pneumonia jab, then she wanted a repeat blood test, the last one 2 weeks ago showed my ESR was 110!, then she checked my asthma and decided I needed some more inhalers, she wanted me to wait and see a gp about my nausea but the next appt was 45 minutes, so I will make an appt next week, talk about covering everything love Jaspercatxx

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jasper

Bet you didn't know you'd booked in for a MOT :) Glad she was looking after you though, shame you couldn't wait to see the Dr. hope your nausea gets sorted out soon.

Love
    Vonski x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Good grief, Jasper, did she think you looked as if you needed a full service?

Annie
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I think they're using these jabs as an excuse to do a complete overhall on folk. I've heard that anyhow Jasper. Sounds to me like your disease is quite active with a high ESR like that. I had to have the pneumonia jab too when I started on methotrexate but it only needs to be given every 5 years or so.
    Glad to hear they're looking after you anyhow.
    rita
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hey jasper!
    you certainly got the works ':shock:'
    wonder what she'll check next time you're there':?:'':lol:'j':wink:'

all kidding aside, with an ESR of 110 they would want to check your bloods again... you ok?':roll:'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat,

Its good she is looking out for you but sorry it was a bit more than you expected. I hope you soon feel better. luv and a ((( ))) Cris x
  • jaspercat
    Options
    Hi Dorcas, I do have alot of joint pain, but I do with lower ESR so I think that I must be a bit funny, the only thing I feel ill with is the wheezing and breathlessness with my asthma, I couldn't believe this nurse, other times I have seen her she has not been very efficient, she certainly made up for it love Jaspercatxx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Jaspercat

Those nurses.....I'm sure as soon as they see you they want to stick needles in you!!! :lol::lol:

Only kidding............ they're looking after you - which is good. If you're an asthma sufferer you've got to take care - how do you find this damp, cold weather? My aunt had asthma and she hated when the weather was like this.

Sharmaine
  • jaspercat
    Options
    Hi Sharmaine, I do have trouble this time of year with my asthma, although I would say that I do not help myself, I refused to take my Steroid inhalers, I didn't think that I needed them, but I have started on them again, so hopefully I will soon feel better love
    Jaspercatxx