any body taking dicloflex

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
edited 25. Nov 2009, 17:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone.
i've been given dicloflex and after swollowing
it i cannot swollow any food as the tablet gets stuck in my throat and the food comes up.
i cut the first one but you have to swollow them whole.
i just phoned the doc as i have to take 3 a day
i said to her i have a problem and she said they are small they are 50 mg.
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• yoshimi
    yoshimi Member Posts: 20
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hello,

Do you have the entric coated variety as these are smoother to swallow?

Sarah x
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Sarah.
    they aregastro-resistant.
    i now feel worried about the next one
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi Joan
    I don't take the diclos, but if the instructions say 'take with food' I do exactly that - I pop them in with a mouthful of food and swallow the lot.
    I've had endless problems swallowing tabs due to a very dry throat and I found this was by far the best way.
    If it says 'take after food' I put it in with the last mouthful!

I can cope with all my tabs but one like this - and that one I managed to get a substitute for which was coated.

I've also used peanut butter, honey and cod liver oil to put a coating on my mouth and throat before I take them at times.

Hope this helps - give my love to Sue!

Annie
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Annie.
    the tablet goes down easy enough but if i swollow anything after it the food comes back up.and my throat is so sore.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I don't take that particular one, so haven't got any info about it. It's not one of those where you have to take it and wait half-an-hour or so before eating, is it? I've got one like that.

Annie
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Annie.
    mine you take with food and water i drink plenty be fore and after but it still gets stuck and i get more worried.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    Options
    hi there Joan, i too take this, i have to say i dont have a problem, but everyone IS different - and dont forget this - have you tried taking it with a hot cup of tea? this is how i take all my tabs, dico, parasetomol (sp?) and ibuprofens.....it works for me, but it doesnt mean to say it will work for you, hopefully it will, otherwise, crush it and sprinkle on top of your dinner, you wont taste it, i have done this too as i had a throat swell and nothing solid but scrambled eggs could pass down it and i didnt taste a thing, i hope you can do one of these things because you need to take this tablet, it really helps.
    Good luck Joan. all the best, love Sally.xxx :D
  • annie_mial
    Options
    I think you need to get on to the doctor again, Joan. You could try taking them with the food, but if they are still making you regurgitate then she needs to know - perhaps she thought that you were having difficulty swallowing the pills themselves?

Annie
  • dachshund
    Options
    Thank you Sally and Annie.
    I have not tried with a hot drink they go down easy if i cut them i have a tablet cutter it says not to crush to swollow whole.
    i'm getting worried about the next one as i have to take 3 a day.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • harleyd14
    Options
    hi again Joan !!
    i am on 75mg twice a day, gets it over and done with, you could ask to go on this, the only prob is the dr asked me if i get upset stomachs easily as it is a high dose and could start off a sore belly. they are no larger than the 50mg you just take one twice a day instead of three times a day...might be worth enquiring????
    all the best and love from Sally.xxx :D
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hi Sally.
    Thank you for your help.
    i put a post on the doc his giving me soluble as my thoat is so sore.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • harleyd14
    Options
    Brilliant Joan, this is good news for you, i hope you find this better - i am sure you will - best wishes and love from Sally.xx