I'm going to have..........

annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 24. Nov 2009, 17:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
.......a CHRISTMAS RANT :!: :!:

I HATE WRAPPING UP PREZZIES :!: :!:

Oooh, I feel better now I've shouted that at the top of my voice.

I can face the noise, the mess, the cooking, the near-exhaustion come Christmas Day, with equanimity (woo-hoo) and a smile -

BUT I HATE HAVING TO WRAP UP THE PREZZIES

I've always hated doing it, when my girls reached the age of discretion, I was able to bribe them to do it for me, but now I have to

WRAP UP 40 BLOODY PRESENTS EVERY YEAR :!: :!: :(

OK rant over - till next year.............

Annie

Comments

• annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Annie,

I am with you on that I am also hopelesss. I now buy gift bags, pop them in then seal.

Anne
  • annie_mial
    I wish I could do that, Anne, but most of mine are shipped out to NZ for my grandchildren. I need to wrap them as tightly as I can and I get in such a state! Bits of paper all over the floor, the scissors keep dematerializing, the sellotape has a mind of its own - ugh!

Luckily both girls are aware that I am useless - I think my daughter re-wraps most of them!

Annie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Annie

I'm with you on this one. It is such an annoying task when you know that they are just going to rip all the paper off again. I get so cross with sellotape and parcel tape too. Why can other people do it so neatly, when mine end up like a sticky mess :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Annie

Yes you seem to have alot to wrap :roll:
    Think I must be a bit odd. :oops:

I LOVE WRAPPING PRESSIES. n030.gif
    Though do tend to buy alot of books and DVD's or CD's which makes it easier and don't have too many to get.

If others like Anne and Joan agree with you Annie I think I am missing a business opportunity here :?:

Chris :wink:
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Jan

Oh goody!
    a115.gif
    Please do I love it.

Nice glass of wine on hand; a Christmas CD playing; a decent bit of sticky tape, you know the one I mean! non of that really cheap see through paper a bit of ribbon or a bow and the job's a gud un.

I still do a pass the parcel for Boxing Day even though we are usually a party of 6 adults and one teenager. Surely some one out there must agree with me? Come on own up guys.

Chris :wink:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    annie wrote......a CHRISTMAS RANT :!: :!:

I HATE WRAPPING UP PREZZIES :!: :!:

Oooh, I feel better now I've shouted that at the top of my voice.

I can face the noise, the mess, the cooking, the near-exhaustion come Christmas Day, with equanimity (woo-hoo) and a smile -

BUT I HATE HAVING TO WRAP UP THE PREZZIES

I've always hated doing it, when my girls reached the age of discretion, I was able to bribe them to do it for me, but now I have to

WRAP UP 40 BLOODY PRESENTS EVERY YEAR :!: :!: :(

OK rant over - till next year............

triisher wrote
    Annie

Please don't spend that amount of money on me :shock:

I really don't need that amount of prezzies please :!:

ok, well if you insist, can I open some now, see if there is anything I don't like and you have time to take it back and exchange it.

Please wrap the replaced one up won't you :D
    That will be about 48 to rewrap :lol::lol:

Trish xxx who can never wait til Christmas :!:
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    I used to love wrapping pressies but nowadays because I can't make a decent job of it and I get frustrated with what I am doing I end up throwing a strop :x :x :x and get everyone else to do it for me!!!-small price to pay for the delicious meal they get on Christmas day!!! :lol::lol:
  • annie_mial
    The things I should like to give you for Christmas can't be wrapped, Trish lovey.

If it makes you happy, though, you can have all their prezzies! You'd look lovely with a glove puppet on each hand and assorted toy cars running all over your chair. My girlies have got knitting sets, too, so you can knit their handbags for them - you'll have so much to do you won't know where to start..........

I promise not to spend so much money next year.............

Love from
    Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    katekelly wrote:
    I used to love wrapping pressies but nowadays because I can't make a decent job of it and I get frustrated with what I am doing I end up throwing a strop :x :x :x and get everyone else to do it for me!!!-small price to pay for the delicious meal they get on Christmas day!!! :lol::lol:

Kate

You are not alone. Since my hands got bad, I'm lucky to type let alone wrap prezzies.

This year they put me in a trolley and asked Penny for the Guy for firework money, Cheek :shock:

love trisher xx who cannot work out why we do not have Guyesses.
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Since i work in a mailing house, sending out anything from letters, books, baloons, footballs, perfume, hair brushes (the list goes on) i'm a dab hand at wrapping things up. Been doing it 10yrs for a living :wink:

Carol X