flu or not flu??

psyart
psyart Member Posts: 600
edited 25. Nov 2009, 18:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi i have been poorly for 2 days now with flu like symptoms, but worst?? not really high temp, so my daughter, who is a staff nurse, doesnt think it is swine flu, but i dont think i have ever felt so bad for 2 days!!! i am on methotrexate, so it this why i am feeling so bad??? i have hardly eaten since sunday, yesterday i was sick in the evening and the headache has only just gone, but i still feel like i have been run over with a bus!!!! every time i get out of bed, i feel worst!!!!!!!!

is this the normall thing when a cold turns nasty?????????

louise
e050.gifo050.gif

Comments

• minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,Sorry nobody has answered you.
    I dont know anything about your meds,sorry.
    But it does sound like flu.The run over by a bus bit is how it hits me.
    Best to just stay warm,drink plenty of fluids.
    The old saying goes, feed a cold starve a fever.

I really hope you start to feel better soon.
    Its just took me nearly 3wks to get over a bad cold.
    Paracetomol is the best thing to keep your temperature down.
    Best see your gp if things dont get any better.
    take care,
    luv n hugs debs
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi

Sounds like you have it bad whatever it is, maybe you should ring Dr. tomorrow to see what he/she says. How about trying a slice of toast to see how that goes. Let us know how you get on.

Love
    Vonski x
  • lyndagodbeer
    lyndagodbeer Member Posts: 10
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pandemic-flu/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

Try this website there is some very good information. Also the number to ring if you think you or a family member have it. They can also organize the Tamiflu if needed.
    Lynda
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    hi. thanks for replies, and advice. today my nose is like a tap and running fast! I am still taking cold remidies 4 times a day, as feel achy but do feel better than yesterday, thank goodness!!! What makes it worst is the weekend had been the 1st time for a long time that I had very little nausa from meds and I felt quite good!!!!! we just cant win in anyway!!!! And now it feels like my voice is going and my chest is getting tight!!!! Life is never simple??!!!!!!!! Will definatly get hold of doctors if still feel bad.

Thanks again xx

Louise
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Hi A few weeks back, I had a temp, but only just as high as they quote on the line, felt a bit sick, bit of a sore troat and cough, all my joints seemed extra bad at once. But if it was swine flu, it was nothing like as bad as I thought it would be and lasted about 3or4 days. Still, like you, don't know. (My husband had the same thing - pnly a bit worse') :roll: :lol: