Can I or can't I get DLA?

stephen007
stephen007 Bots Posts: 4
edited 25. Nov 2009, 13:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
When i don't have my tablets i can't walk, and when i take my Diclofenic the pain in my legs is gone and i can walk again. But the thing is now and then my legs have a mind of there own and i find myself on the ground. And yesterday i fell from the footpath on to the road. I Don't no if i have the write to claim DLA and all help would be good.

Yours Stephen007

Comments

• minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,you'd be best getting some advice.
    Welfare rights officer,citizens advice buruea or DIAL are all trained to advice you.
    Then they can help you fill in the forms.
    Most people get turned down on first attempt,but dont let that put you off.
    DLA is paid for the help you need(care allowance)& you have to be virutally unable to walk for the mobility componenet.

Somebody maybe able to put a link up for you,but i dont know how to do it.
    I hope thats some help.
    Any more questions just ask away.
    debs
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Stephen

If you google DLA and look at the 2nd one that gives you a lot of info but why shouldn't you try for it anyway. If you do like Debs has already said get help with the forms, they have to be filled out a certain way using keywords and make sure your Dr. or Consultant is on board to back you up.

Love
    Vonski x
  • autumnlady
    autumnlady Member Posts: 29
    Hi Stephen

Apply for DLA

It isnt true that they always reject a first time claim, its knowing what to put on the claim form which can be a nightmare

I applied in September (my first application) I was awarded HRM and HRC within a few weeks.

I visited a great site called Benefits and Work where you can access all the advice and forms you need for getting the correct benefits.

Without their advice I would have been lost and because of their advice I was also able to successfully appeal the ESA I was awarded and am now in the Support Group

Definitely worth looking at

Good Luck!
  • stephen007
    stephen007 Bots Posts: 4
    stephen007 wrote:
    When i don't have my tablets i can't walk, and when i take my Diclofenic the pain in my legs is gone and i can walk again. But the thing is now and then my legs have a mind of there own and i find myself on the ground. And yesterday i fell from the footpath on to the road. I Don't no if i have the write to claim DLA and all help would be good.

Yours Stephen007

This has been my first week on Arthrits Care web site, and it has been great. I would like to thank all that has helped me and i wish you all well. I allso would like a pint but the doc says no, what kind of Irish Man have i become :cry: