Susan Boyle

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,303
edited 29. Nov 2009, 11:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just listend to the cover version of the Stones wild horses she has done, I must say what a flippin incredible voice that woman has, a really good cover, she sound a bit like Streisand to me, what a voice, if you go on U Tube there is a nice video that goes with it.

Comments

  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mellman,

    I am sorry, I love the stones and when I hear her sing one of my favorites it makes my blood run cold.

    Anne
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,303
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    OH I'll take that as a no then, I know what you mean though I don't know the original so it doesn't have the same effect on me, music producers do a lot of this kind of thing these days, my main gripe is sampling rifts or in some cases the whole dam song and just putting new words over it now that get me fired up!. :oops:
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    or a classic tune being used to advertise a c**p product.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,303
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    delboy wrote:
    ^+1

    I don't know what this means but I bet it's not a compliment!
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mellman01 wrote:
    delboy wrote:
    ^+1

    I don't know what this means but I bet it's not a compliment!

    It's a code that only Rolling Stone fans understand :!: :!:
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    mellman01 wrote:
    OH I'll take that as a no then, I know what you mean though I don't know the original so it doesn't have the same effect on me, music producers do a lot of this kind of thing these days, my main gripe is sampling rifts or in some cases the whole dam song and just putting new words over it now that get me fired up!. :oops:

    Well, Well, Mellman,

    So, if I had tested you with the lyrics from this song you would have been stumped!!??

    Pheebs x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,303
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You got me there pheebs, I'm not into the stones that much,also I haven't cracked the lyrics that have been posted for me yet!?. definetly not up to par am I! :oops:
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi

    I'm with you Mellman on this one. Everyone to their own. I'm not a Rolling Stones fan I'm afraid. Now Bryan Adams, yes.
    But back to Susan Boyle. A very interesting woman. The Americans love her, but then perhaps they think we are all a bit like dear Susan. Extravert?

    She does have an incredible voice. I hope she is getting the support she needs now and in the future. I would buy her CD. I'm going to buy The Soldiers first though.
    joy
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have a confession peeps.....yesterday I bought the Susan Boyle CD. Fantastic voice but bless her she still seems as nutty as a fruit cake!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    annebr wrote:
    Mellman,

    I am sorry, I love the stones and when I hear her sing one of my favorites it makes my blood run cold.

    Anne

    I like the Rolling Sttones as we Anne.

    Trish xxx
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    katekelly wrote:
    I have a confession peeps.....yesterday I bought the Susan Boyle CD. Fantastic voice but bless her she still seems as nutty as a fruit cake!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

    I think that's what makes her appealing.......she's human and hasn't got her head up her you know what like a lot of stars have.

    Beautiful voice

    Carol X
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Perhaps she will be the new forces sweat (sorry) sweetheart.
    Can you imagine it?

    joy
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    joyful164 wrote:
    ........back to Susan Boyle. A very interesting woman. The Americans love her, but then perhaps they think we are all a bit like dear Susan. Extravert?

    I think they (Americans) probably think she's eccentric - and that is why they love her so much - a decidedly dotty Brit! Bless her!
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    She has a fantastic voice, but I agree Jackie, eccentric is a nice way of putting it!!!!!!!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,371
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Incredible voice and I love this version of Wild Horses.

    Nutty (eccentric in shorthand :wink: ) she may be but how wonderful to be blessed with such vocals and that we're given the opportunity to hear her.

    I just hope she won't get totally exploited because there are alot of sharks out there and I feel she's a very vulnerable person.

    Luv Legs :D
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,408
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mellman.
    i'm not sure if i will buy it.
    i like westlife and the cd come's out on mon.
    joan xx

Who's Online

3
3 Guests